Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And were a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
As the Senior Product Manager for Category Pages, you will drive the product strategy and roadmap for our Category Pages, the experiences we offer our customers give them everything they need to shop and understand the types of products we offer in our vast catalog. Youll join us as we transform, enhance and streamline our platforms and youll work to understand with new depth the customer problems our category pages need to solve, working with teams across the company to ensure the experience solves those problems. Youll work closely with teammates across Design, Analytics, Engineering and Quality Assurance and partners across Dynamic Content, Best In Class (Category Verticals), Brand Development, Promotions, Category Management, SEO/Marketing, to define and deliver a world class experience that makes our customers happy and delivers significant business results.
What youll do
- Drive vision and strategy for newly launched Category Pages, focused on providing the content to support a well-educated and tailored shopping experience across our many verticals, and for our portfolio of brands and geographies.
- Form strategic partnerships across the organization to stand up and evolve our capabilities (both technical and operational) to realize the end state vision for these pages from both a customer and business perspective.
- Define and deliver a roadmap from end to end, delivering both customer and platform oriented outcomes, leading a cross functional team of engineers, designers, QA and analysts
- Build high-trust and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and partners, including senior leaders, across the company
- Manage relationships with a wide spectrum of partners and stakeholder groups across the business
What youll need
- Solid customer-orientation and empathy
- The ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically, and to transition seamlessly between the two; youre as comfortable defining vision and goals as well as you are executing
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to react to real-time data
- Effective communication and stakeholder management skills, as well as with cross-functional teams
- High stakeholder empathy and ability to tailor communications to a given audience succinctly and in a way that resonates with their position. Ability to simplify complex concepts to drive productive discussions and gain alignment on decisions
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights as well as bringing together qualitative, competitive, and other information to drive product direction
- Comfort with technical concepts and the ability to actively participate in technical discussion, define requirements and ask questions to ensure the right outcomes
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to hone in on where best to focus the teams effort (e.g. ability and interest in prioritizing ruthlessly)
- Dedication to team building and development, ensuring your scrum team is operating in the Learning Zone and set up for success
- A love of learning and sense of curiosity when it comes to finding the best solution for a given customer problem
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.