Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
If you have ever dreamed of being a product owner for a game-changing cloud-based product, read on. The Senior Product Manager, Commercial is a critical position responsible for understanding the global life sciences industrys commercial landscape, and for developing a world-class solution. You will be responsible for defining and communicating the roadmap to internal and external customers while working closely with the engineering team to bring your vision to life. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of Life Sciences industry and technology A-players, who, together, are bringing the next generation of commercial solutions to the life sciences industry.
The ideal candidate blends traditional inbound product management skills, in-depth understanding of life sciences business processes, technology, and challenges as well as a passion for solving complex design problems with elegant, inventive solutions.
What You'll Do
- Drive strategic direction of Veevas new Commercial solutions
- Define product priorities and roadmap by collecting and synthesizing input from customers, partners, executives, market owners, sales, services, and engineering
- Be the voice of the customer and work collaboratively with product development teams to design and deliver product capabilities that meet customer/market requirements
- Evangelize products and become the subject matter expert for internal audiences, external customers, and market-facing communications
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g.UX, engineering, QA, operations, etc.) to manage resources, timelines, and conflicts
- Ultimately you are responsible for creating features that are built, delivered with quality, and delight customers
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Experience in researching and understanding customer and market requirements to develop short and long term product roadmaps and plans
- Experience writing detailed user stories and managing a feature backlog
- Track record of effectively collaborating with engineering/QA to define, design, and deliver the product
- Ability to understand and communicate architectural requirements, preferences, and limitations
- Experience interacting with customers, development, and consulting teams, both local and remote
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, with little direct supervision
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal and formal presentation
- A strong sense of professional ethics
Nice to Have
- Experience with commercial aspects of the Life Sciences industry, including Field Sales or Field Medical
- Experience developing configurable enterprise SaaS solutions in an agile environment
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager
- Experience with Salesforce.com Marketing Cloud
- Experience with federal regulatory requirements, including 21 CFR Part 11 and PDMA, as well as state laws and regulations
- Experience developing configurable enterprise SaaS solutions
- Prior work in software development, or computer science degree
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
- Charity contribution programs
- In Pleasanton, CA office: healthy, free lunches every day; onsite gym with free fitness classes
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].