The consumer privacy team is focused on ensuring people control and understand their privacy on our platform. To do this, we build both customer facing privacy features and common infrastructure used across the company. Privacy is a complicated and constantly evolving space, but it’s a critical part of building trust with users. We have prioritised privacy and data protection as one of our top company objectives.
What you’ll do
This is a hands-on role that requires exploring privacy from a first-principles perspective based around customers needs. You will own the creation of consumer-facing privacy features (such as controls, data portability, etc.)
This role specifically will (in no particular order)
- Drive the development of a strategy around measuring & delivering consumer privacy
- Pursue deep customer understanding through quantitative & qualitative techniques
- Work directly with peers in Engineering, Design, Research, Content Strategy and Data Science to deliver against the privacy roadmap
- Maintain a high bar for user experiences
- Communicate regularly with leadership
- Build connections and alignment across the business to establish consistent privacy principles & practices
- Drive decision making in ambiguous situations requiring trade-offs between customer benefits & business risks
Who you are
You are a customer-focused product thinker with a track record of making an impact in a consumer facing product. You bring strong consumer product intuition, an understanding of hypothesis driven product development processes, and are effective at operating in fast paced environments. Clear and concise communication is essential.
Passion for improving online privacy and understanding of this landscape is critical, but experience in a privacy PM role is not required. We encourage new perspectives provided you have a strong interest in this space and capability to learn quickly.
Below are other attributes you probably have:
- Inclination towards data driven decision making without being paralysed by incomplete information
- Structured approach to solving problems
- Ability to debate important decisions with cross functional partners (engineering, legal, etc)
- Collaborative approach to forming teams without defaulting to consensus driven decisions
- A strong growth mindset and empathetic servant leadership approach to product management
- Curiosity and creativity
- Five plus years in Product Management type roles
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.