Who We Are
Wayfairs Product team consists of entrepreneurial, value-oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfairs transformation of retail for home. We leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to own the product discovery, strategy and roadmap for machine learning applications across Customer Service at Wayfair. The role is highly cross-functional requiring close interaction with data scientists, machine learning engineers, software developers and experience designers. The candidate must have sufficient familiarity with data science concepts and practices in order to develop robust requirements for technical stakeholders (data scientists, machine learning engineers, etc.) and to distill these concepts to a non-technical audience in order to get buy-in for investment in machine learning initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Develop the vision and roadmap for machine learning applications in customer service based on your understanding of technology trends, business needs, and user insights
- Innovate and incubate new ideas to improve customer experience, increase customer lifetime value and decrease operating costs for Wayfair
- Manage overall execution and performance of product initiatives. Lead and collaborate with data science, experience design, engineering and analytics teams to plan, execute and manage your roadmap
- Champion a strong team dynamic. Have demonstrated experience driving collaboration, product quality, and team velocity
- Test and learn, fail fast, and take the winners to market. Rapidly iterate, gather the needed data, interpret it, and then take action to course correct
What Youll Need:
- Youve spent 5+ years leading cross-functional scrum teams to remarkable outcomes for highly technical and data-driven products
- You have experience working with machine learning and big data technologies
- You are a master in turning an idea on a napkin into into a comprehensive vision and roadmap
- You excel at problem breakdown and guiding groups through structured decision making
- You are data-obsessed: you monitor your KPIs and perform ad hoc analysis to figure out whats next
- You hold a high bar and grow & develop your scrum team to meet it, and your team likes you for it
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.