Wayfair has taken an unobvious approach to eCommerce for years, rapidly iterating on our home-grown end-to-end tech stack to solve for the unique business challenges in becoming the worlds online homegoods leader. As part of that approach, Finance Engineering teams are creating a re-imagined enterprise-scale platform that will be key to the continued growth of Wayfairs multi-billion dollar business. Wayfairs business lines generate a phenomenal amount of financially relevant transactions from our vast (and rapidly growing) customer base, every transaction of which must pass through our teams platform to be validated, analyzed, and synthesized into actionable decisions. Our goal is to provide our external customers and internal team members with the best (and fastest) financial insights possible.
Product Managers at Wayfair exist in every team, owning the definition of the right problem to solve for our customers, and the arduous process of shepherding complex cross-functional teams through the solution lifecycle (conception / implementation / iteration). Our team in Finance Engineering is looking for an experienced product leader to own and champion our next-gen data solutions that will empower our companys decision makers to strategically scale the business. The successful candidate will manage the one source of truth for financial data across the company, partnering closely with senior leaders in Finance, Pricing, Business Intelligence, Operations, Marketing, Storefront and more. If youre excited by buzzy terms like seasonal demand elasticity trends, data warehousing, event streams, or data velocity, this may be the role for you. Youll be joining a highly collaborative team of product managers who have a track record of building large-scale platform products that help thousands of users and process millions of transactions.
Youre who were looking for if:
- You have significant/meaningful experience driving results and adding business value in a highly analytical role, ideally within technical product management, systems architecture, or software development.
- You are a creative problem solver and troubleshooter, relying on both quantitative and qualitative skills to turn data into actionable insights and innovative results.
- You have a good understanding of system design, complex data structures, programming languages, and architecture best practices, and can hold yourselves in design and technology discussions with engineering.
- You are a strong communicator (verbal and written_ who can persuade and align stakeholder groups with sometimes conflicting priorities on the best solution to a problem.
- You have demonstrated experience in leading agile development teams in ambiguous spaces with an entrepreneurial mindset and a bias towards action.
Were what youre looking for if:
- You want an opportunity to join a rapidly growing team with strong senior executive sponsorship
- You want to become a key contributor at a unique time, developing Wayfairs core financial systems from ground up while influencing other verticals
- Youre interested in understanding many areas of the business, and driving impact across every key strategic lever at Wayfair
- You prefer an environment where not only is your voice heard, but your opinion and leadership is critical in shaping our strategic direction.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.