Senior Product Manager, Delivery Promise
Have you ever wondered how the delivery date estimate in your online shopping experience is decided? In this role, you will be driving optimization in this highly impactful customer journey by determining what delivery date estimates to show to the customers, while selecting the most optimal way to fulfill an item considering hundreds of supplier and carrier combinations.
Every customer interaction with Wayfair represents an opportunity and a risk -- but few are more impactful than the delivery promises we make throughout their customer journey. While our goal is always to continually improve the speed with which we fulfill orders, we need to also be mindful that the reliability of our promises is equally important in establishing the necessary customer trust that propels our flywheel.
The Delivery Promise team leverages the cognizance of our suppliers and carriers networks to determine all possible ways to fulfill an item, while making the right tradeoffs between speed and cost, and ensuring our customers trust the delivery promises we make on site.
We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. Were a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
What Youll Do:
As a product lead, you will identify and address key customer pain points related to Wayfairs Delivery Date promises, while making the promise viable by reflecting the latest Wayfair Supply Chain fulfillment capabilities.
- Establish vision, strategy and product roadmap. You will own your roadmap, measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our customer and business
- Build and lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, analysts, data scientists, and other internal partners to envision, build, and deliver experiences that impact tens of millions of consumers
- Lead and coach your teams to deliver business impact by launching and iteratively optimizing products that improve our user experience in ways that lead to scalable, measurable gains in metrics that you will largely define
- Understand key customer pain points with delivery date promise experience throughout the entire Wayfair funnel from pre to post purchase. Design, test and deliver optimal technical solution to address them in close partnership with engineering and cross-functional product managers, and operations
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on all facets of the Supply Chain technology platform to engage in design conversations with Engineering partners and other cross-functional product managers that rely on information from our platform
- Lead and execute multi-year roadmap to build scalable platforms within the Wayfair ecosystem, with clean domain boundaries and communication protocols
- Improve speed and accuracy of our delivery date estimate by building and integrating data science model to replace the current manual deterministic date calculations
- Optimize trade off decisions between speed and cost to select the most optimal way to fulfill an item by incorporating a probabilistic cost estimate data science model
- Improve delivery promise date consistency from various pre-purchase web pages to post order email communications
- Run experiments to measure the tradeoff between speed (conversion on site) versus reliability (late incidents, customer lifetime value)
- Build simulation and tracing capabilities to unlock more learnings and execution of changes at scale, while clearly understanding business impact
What Youll Need:
- 7+ years of product management experience in an agile development environment, ideally with exposure to a relevant product area (eCommerce or B2C; SaaS platforms; API experience)
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity and rapidly changing environments, excellent prioritization skills
- Experience in managing a function in supply chain, logistics or warehousing preferred
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.