Senior Product Manager Network Capacity
Who We Are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more. Partnering with Product, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Engineering teams ensure that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
The Network Capacity team builds the platform services that optimize the utilization of resources within the Wayfair global network. By collecting and monitoring real time metrics from the fulfilment centers and transportation systems, the platform dynamically influences how orders are fulfilled, ensuring that network resources are utilized to their full potential to provide optimal speed for our customers.
The Network Capacity platform is the hub that integrates data from all areas of the Wayfair global network, providing a centralized location for visibility and improvement of the network flow. The successful candidate needs to be self-motivated and thrive in a constantly-evolving business environment. This role offers the opportunity to make business-critical decisions and includes significant visibility and collaboration with senior leaders across several Wayfair functions. This is a tremendous opportunity for a customer-centric product leader to create a new benchmark for technology driven transportation to orchestrate the ecosystem of Suppliers, Carriers and Wayfair assets in the ecommerce industry.
What You Will Do:
- Provide Product leadership for a team of product managers and software engineers responsible for building the Network Capacity platform services and applications.
- Develop deep domain expertise and partner closely with operation stakeholders to create software solutions that improve visibility and flow of products through the Wayfair global network.
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on all facets of your product space and technology platform
- Develop and maintain technology platform roadmap and regularly update key partners and stakeholders
- Define and measure business impact, and monitor performance of the team's initiatives
- Lead cross-functional teams in annual, quarterly, and monthly planning and prioritization
- Guide resourcing on your team and supporting technology teams to ensure on-budget delivery of products and enhancements
- Lead and mentor a team of product managers
- Work closely with senior management across Wayfair to ensure vision aligns with broader company objectives
- Leverage data to understand risks, impacts, scope and priorities of our business objectives, and enable the team to drive results
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
What Youll Need
- 7+ years of product management experience in an agile development environment, ideally with exposure to a relevant product area
- 3+ years experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of business impact and team culture
- Experience in managing a function in supply chain, logistics or warehousing preferred
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.