BitSight Technologies is transforming how companies manage information security risk with objective, verifiable and actionable Security Ratings. BitSights Platform continuously analyzes vast amounts of external data on security issues and behaviors in order to help organizations manage third party risk, underwrite cyber insurance policies, benchmark performance, conduct M&A due diligence and assess aggregate risk. Fifty percent of the worlds cyber insurance premiums are underwritten by BitSight customers, all 4 of the Big 4 accounting firms use BitSight, and 4 of the top 5 investment banks rely on BitSight to manage cyber risks.
Product Managers at BitSight invent new products and features on behalf of customers. They bridge the technical and business worlds, are entrepreneurial and innovative, and build and own transformative products.
The product management team at BitSight is responsible for ensuring that:
- BitSight has a set of products that help customers achieve the jobs that they must get done in their business context;
- BitSights products provide the most value to our customers and the market; and
- BitSights customers have the industrys best experience when interacting with its products.
As Senior Product Manager for Strategic Partnerships & Insurance, you will work closely with our product, insurance and strategic partnerships teams to define and deliver on high value partnership opportunities that will bring new product integrations to market. The right person for this role will be someone who can move fluidly between business and technology, and build relationships that will enable them to work across the organization. If you are someone who enjoys deconstructing high level strategic concepts into actionable solutions and can roll up your sleeves to understand technical requirements, then this is a great role for you.
- Be the resident expert on the team and deeply understand the customers and markets you are serving.
- Drive the vision and execution of a product, tracking overall market and competitive dynamics.
- Refine the product vision, broadly soliciting input from internal and external resources
- Work with the insurance and partnerships teams to build a prioritized roadmap to advance BitSights customer and revenue growth goals, and make smart roadmap trade-offs.
- Balance the tactical demands of today against the strategic needs of tomorrow.
- Own the delivery of product features or a subset of products from scope and definition through implementation.
- Act as intermediary between market/business requirements and engineering, advocating for the product internally.
- Work with product owners, the insurance team, andthe strategic partnerships team to evaluate business and technical requirements for new initiatives and communicate back to stakeholders
- Understand partner offerings and interface with technical teams to successfully lead the strategy for the product
- Work with the business analyst to identify and evaluate KPIs post launch and leverage these insights to inform product decisions for future phases of each key initiative.
- Create the go to market plan, including customer and industry focus, sales strategy, pricing, and success metrics
- Drive product awareness and adoption, working with marketing and sales
The Expertise We're Looking For:
- 5-7 years of product management experience
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- MS, MBA or PhD desired
- Previous experience collaborating with cross-departmental teams to launch complex business initiatives in fast paced environment
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications that are actionable by engineering team
- High comfort level in analytics and generating business insights from data trends
- Strong communication and analytical skills, including ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience in risk management and information security a plus
- Strong technical abilities.
- Ability to think on your feet in interactions with partners to identify mutually beneficial outcomes as well as integrations that leverage current product functionality.
- Be a team player with character, high humility and integrity, helping build a healthy team environment.
The Behaviors That You Bring:
- Integrity Your customer-centric attitude and commitment to doing what is right for BitSight, our business partners, and internal team members
- Natural Curiosity You are a team player and a continuous learner. You share your knowledge with the team, embrace new learning opportunities, and search for ways to improve our operations
- Empowerment You demonstrate organizational skills, the ability to manage priorities, deadlines, and troubleshoot issues independently; you take ownership of business problems
- Excellence Your detail-oriented approach leads to quality results and your communication skills allow you to communicate effectively with internal team members
- Results Driven You learn quickly, collaborate with others, and share your ideas for improving our service
The Excellence You Deliver:
- Experienced product management professional with competencies in all facets of product management.
- Executes at the product feature level, meeting project milestones of the product roadmap.
- Communicates effectively with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Understands, influences, and executes on BitSights product vision and strategy.
- Be the voice of the customer to internally focused groups.
- Develops strong relationships with external partners.
- Builds on existing value for BitSights core use cases.
- Identifies and cultivates new areas of opportunity through partnerships.
We are looking for a natural leader, who has an outgoing personality and is not afraid to meet, build and network relationships. We want an innovative thinker to drive our business forward. Someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, drive, determination and the strength of character to challenge the status quo. We are looking for someone who is flexible and willing to embrace change. Above all, were looking for a great team player.