PathAI is a health-tech startup focused on utilizing AI-powered pathology to improve patient outcomes. PathAI applies deep learning to the medical field of pathology, which is the ground truth for most disease diagnoses including for cancer. PathAIs 200+ person cross-functional business is the global leader in AI-powered diagnostics and works with the leading biopharma companies and laboratories to improve drug development and clinical care. PathAI is venture backed by leading funds including: General Catalyst and General Atlantic, as well as by strategic investors like Merck, BMS, and LabCorp.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager will join the newly-formed Product Marketing team at PathAI and will be responsible for leading the marketing strategy for one of PathAIs services. This person will be able to drive their own strategy and contribute to building the Marketing function as they partner with cross-functional teams, develop customer and KOL relationships, and be a thought leader for our Business Development and Partnerships team. The ideal candidate is someone who has brand or product marketing experience, is ready to apply their skill sets in a fast-paced and growing company, and is excited to shape the new category of AI-powered pathology.
Annual Business Plan
- Lead and manage annual marketing strategy for Clinical Trial Services or Translational Research
- Set marketing objectives, strategies, and performance targets for the year
- Develop annual marketing tactical calendar and budget for product/service
Sales Enablement & Analytics
- Track revenue from customers against sales targets and identify drivers and detractors
- Use market, user, and other customer data to make informed and effective business decisions
- Develop sales pitch collateral for business develop team to secure new business and/or maintain pipeline of projects with existing customers
Marketing Execution and Communications
- Partner with Digital Marketing on channel selection, investment, and digital metrics reporting
- Lead creative agencies on creative and content development, from brief creation to project management, to output/deliverables
- Create PathAI's communication strategy for industry conferences and publications in partnership with Scientific Programs team
Innovation and Launch
- Create launch plan for new product(s) or service(s), in partnership with Product development team and Business Development, including growth drivers, target customers, key messages, and go-to-market plan
- Track launch/new product performance with the Product team, including score cards and presentations to senior leadership
Buyer Insights and Market Research
- Track and summarize key competitive activities, implications, and recommendations
- Design and execute marketing research or customer research projects to uncover unmet needs, whitespace, or new perceptions to inform marketing strategies and executions
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or a related field with 5+ years of experience in brand management or product marketing; or MBA with 2+ years of experience in brand management or product marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with presenting recommendations and strategies to senior-level management. Strong PowerPoint experience is a plus but not required
- Prior experience developing value proposition, brand/product positioning and messaging, and budget planning
- Strong business acumen with experience in forecasting, analyzing sales data, analyzing competitor performance to understand business drivers and - distractors. Ability to synthesize analyses into key findings, implications, and recommendations
- Strong desire and demonstrated experience with cross-functional communication and internal stakeholder management
- Experience working with and/or managing agencies (or internal creative teams) in integrated communications, including brief development, evaluation of creative, and copy development
- Experiencing interpreting customer and market insights and developing a market research plan
- Experience in launching a SaaS, pharmaceutical, or a med device product or platform a plus but not required
- Experience in pharmaceuticals, medical devices, or biotech a plus but not required
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.