The Motion Planning Research team is specialized in fusion of Machine Learning and Classical Methods, researches new deep learning approaches, builds deep neural networks, algorithms, and software to impact across navigation, behavior, route planning, as well as trajectory optimization, numerical optimization, and model predictive control. The team creates proof of concepts and once an idea is effective, works to put then into production.
Motional's Machine Learning team has produced ground breaking advancements in the autonomous vehicle industry including nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), and PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150)
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to cutting edge motion planning system
- Use your top-notch software development expertise to inspire others to develop better software practices and principles.
- Develop core deep learning codebase for efficient training and testing pipelines
- Work closely with production Motion Planning and Controls team to identify places where data-driven approach is beneficial
- Refine and improve the data-driven model according to the performance of AV in real world complex environment
- Deploy solutions directly to an autonomous vehicle and analyze their impact
- Conduct experiments, write reports, and file patents
- Generate new ideas, provide a vision for the team and our system.
- Analyze and compare different combinations of different algorithms.
What You'll Bring:
- Masters or PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related field with 3+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- C++ (i.e. C++11, C++14, C++17) development experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Python and Python bindings development experience
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods.
- Experience designing, training, analyzing, and deploying neural networks for at least one of the following applications: Motion Planning, Motion prediction, Behavioral prediction.
- Experience with PyTorch or other deep learning frameworks
- You believe that you can achieve more on a team -- that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts
- Passion about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Leadership and mentoring experience