We are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against the entrenched giants, like ADT, and the new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in this ever growing IoT home automation security space we must learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively. In service to this challenge, our engineering team is proud to own and run the literal "full stack", from designing and building the circuit boards on our hardware all the way to coding the UI on our mobile applications.
We are looking for a QA Engineer who is excited to get into the guts of our products and services. This role involves many moving pieces throughout an integrated system. You will be working with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, debugging and finessing our fullstack of devices and services. Some technologies we work with include: cameras, PIR sensors, WiFi/cell modules, microservices (informed by multiple data stores, message buses, and cache instances). Were looking for someone passionate about learning the intricacies of an integrated embedded system and can lead discussions around qualitative and quantitative testing processes.
Our ideal candidate is willing to adapt, learn and grow to the needs of our fast-scaling company. You will be challenged to lead conversations around processes and assess risk. If you enjoy challenges, this full stack is an enormous opportunity for you to grow and make a huge impact.
In this role, you will:
- Be excited to roll up your sleeves and dive into our stack to help us improve quality
- Join a scrum team that solely owns a critical component of our security solution
- Pragmatically work alongside each dev team carefully balancing risk and delivery
- Utilize and inform our end-to-end automation framework
- Dig down deep into logs, packet capture, and even circuit design, and then back up again to find root cause
- Help evaluate, implement, and build on top of the many quality tool sets available
- Team with fellow QA members in the quest for continuous growth and improvement
- Live and breath our DevOps mission: empowering each team to fully own their product and/or service end-to-end
- Test across the full-stack including hardware, firmware, database, and back end technologies
- 5+ years of testing/QA experience
- Experience with SQL and MongoDB
- Familiar with agile concepts and how to work in an agile team
- Team focused with a proven track record thriving in a collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Humble, customer-focused with an astounding attention to detail
- Always learning mindset
- Whatever it takes attitude to creatively help the team
- Experience with Jira, svn/git, and Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins)
- Knowledge of embedded systems and an understanding of electrical schematics, bare metal firmware, and cloud services interactions.
- Comfortable with the command line wherever it resides
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge in Node.js, python, and/or C++
- Command line (CLI) and Unix exposure
- Scripting familiarity
- IoT / Home automation
- Experience developing and executing embedded software tests on development boards
- Experience with API, UI, Database Test Automation
- Experience with test harness development
Working at SimpliSafe:
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a no-ego, collaborative culture and we have recently been named a 'Top Place to Work' in 2021 by the Boston Business Journal. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industries. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company youd enjoy working for, wed love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage - We offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
- Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
- 401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
- Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits - To help cover the costs of transportation and parking at our Downtown Boston HQ
- And many more!