Mimecast are looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join a cross-functional team based in London creating customer security products focusing on security services and applications.
This role will cover driving quality for two areas. The first focusing on integrating products with our Mimecast operating system and the second on email security features and enhancements.
The ideal candidate will share a passion for ensuring quality throughout platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. The majority of the quality considerations will be testing back-end changes and integrations and we are looking for someone who can apply modern testing techniques all the way down through API and into the data layer and has a passion for driving a quality approach from the outset.
What we would like from you:
- Perform back-end testing across various layers i.e. API, DB
- Develop, write and execute automated tests using a BDD approach at both the component layer and the end-to-end layer (applying test pyramid principles)
- Collaborate with engineers to ensure appropriate unit testing is in place and fundamental quality principles are applied during development
- Liaise with developers, product owners and other QAs to ensure that feature requirements are well defined and understood
- Test in an environment of rapid change
- Help in building a continuous integration and delivery model for the team
- Be proactive and continuously analyse and improve quality standards, guidelines and environments
The ideal candidate would have knowledge in some of the following:
- Previous experience as a QA Engineer working across the full tech stack
- Experience working in an Agile development, test and deploy environment.
Proficiency in the following is desirable:
- Testing REST APIs
- Basic Unix knowledge
- Basic understanding of load testing
- Skills in deep diving into logs, code and other elements to understand and solve problems
- An understanding of a DevOps work culture
- Exposure to agile methodologies (for example Scrum)
- Docker; knowledge or experience with security testing.
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package, please speak with a member of the Talent Acquistion team to learn more.
Mimecast is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. Mimecast is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, and to use our online system to apply for a position. Send an email to [email protected] to request reasonable accommodations.
Mimecast will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.