Come join a winning team! Here at Imprivata you’ll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our virtual team-building events.
While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact and a commitment to having fun.
We are seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant to join our team.
As a member of the Revenue Team, you will assist in the processing of revenue, making and reviewing adjustments to the general ledger and reviewing and reconciling revenue-related balance sheet accounts and revenue accounts. This person will work cross functionally with Order Administration, as well as other related areas as needed. The Senior Revenue Accountant position will primarily provide support to the Revenue Accounting Manager as well as to the VP of Finance as needed in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance department. This position requires solid skills in financial accounting, reporting, audit, and compliance and the ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced technology environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review of multi-element sales contracts and related documents to determine appropriate revenue recognition under current revenue
- Perform month-end closing activities including journals and account reconciliations that relate to revenue, unbilled A/R, deferred revenue, and deferred cost
- Interact with sales, legal, professional services, accounting, renewals, and order administration to ensure identification and documentation of all revenue recognition related matters
- Review and post the Company’s professional services and training revenue on a monthly basis
- Prepare all monthly, quarterly, and year end close information and respond to all audit requests related to revenue and deferred revenue
- Perform backlog analysis for upper management board packages on a monthly basis
- Aid and assist in the integration of revenue, receivable and billing activities for future acquisitions
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Minimum 3-5 years of revenue experience along with general accounting experience
- Knowledge and experience of software revenue recognition (ASC 606)
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet tight deadlines
- Advanced MS Excel skills is required
- Extremely detail oriented, problem solver, and takes accountability for work performed
- Professional self-starter, able to work independently, and has strong interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with others
- Willingness to take on more responsibilities as needed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion, and personal judgment
- International business and foreign currency experience a plus
- Experience with ERP systems required; NetSuite a plus
At Imprivata, we have a top-notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.