As a Senior Associate on the Revenue Accounting team, this candidate is responsible for the commercial contracting process and associated controllership requirements; and requires adherence to the business accounting standards & policies and applying those concepts when processing commercial transactions. The position will require an individual who is organized, is an effective problem solver and critical thinker, and is looking to work collaboratively on a team. This candidate will be expected to maintain professional skepticism yet be able to promote positive attitude in a fast-paced environment. This position will report to a manager on the revenue team and will be well supported by other technical peers who enjoy teaching and learning.
The Revenue Accounting Senior Associate will be a part of the team responsible for the Companys adherence to ASC 605 and ASC 606 guidance along with compliance of all regulatory requirements and internal controls for commercial contract revenue accounting.
- Responsible to perform review of customer agreements for standardized contract compliance;
- Assist in the monthly and quarterly revenue close processes; including accurate forecasting and recognition of sales revenue and cost;
- Perform product & licensing fulfillment and revenue accounting on a monthly basis; and
- Work with several departments to compile information in order to prepare required analyses, schedules, and documentation for quarterly and annual reporting periods.
- Ensure all non-standard transactions and processes are appropriately captured in the most efficient and effective manner, including new service offerings;
- Perform quarterly analysis of license counts in order to provide accurate reporting to suppliers; and
- Review of processes to ensure accurate and timely revenue recognition.
- Ad hoc projects to be determined as they arise (e.g., adoption of new accounting standards, critical reviews of current processes & systems, acquisitions and integration of subsidiary processes, evaluation of new client-facing initiatives, etc.).
- Work closely with internal and external auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audit;
- Maintain current and assisting in creating new or refining existing revenue related internal controls, as needed; and
- Maintain appropriate documentation of effective execution of internal controls.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- 3+ years related work experience
- Proficiency in U.S. GAAP, SOX 404 controls and Software revenue recognition [strongly preferred]
- Excellent communication skills; able to deliver messages effectively verbally and in writing
- Clear-thinking with strong research and analytical skills
- Strong desire to learn and grow as a member of a team
- Demonstrated history of keen judgment and exemplary ethics and integrity
- Proactive, high level of energy, self-starter
- Salesforce and Peoplesoft/Oracle ERP system knowledge [strongly preferred]
- Strong computer literacy skills, including Microsoft Excel and willingness to learn other accounting-based systems
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: The location of this role is flexible for the right candidate.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.