We are currently hiring for a Senior Robotic Solutions Engineer in the Robotic Solutions Engineering Team. You'll work to explore and expand the capabilities of the next generation technology stack to enable success in future deployments. The ideal candidate will be motivated to explore new technologies and also think pragmatically about the challenges to be solved. Theyll be working with a global team to ensure we understand how our system stacks up against the roads, and how to improve it. An ability to understand both the technical stack that autonomous vehicles use (software, hardware, and everything between) as well as the technologies market applications and realities will be key to success in this role. This position requires travel.
What You'll Do
- Coordinate and develop agile deployments of autonomous technology in new locations
- Work with our mapping operations team to scout locations and identify and resolve novel technical challenges associated with specific traffic environments
- Collaborate with Engineers and Product Managers across the organization to identify and develop features that expand system capability and improve the rider experience
- Provide insight to the performance of the technology stack in new environments to the strategy and engineering teams
What We're Looking For
- Strong understanding of robotics systems including sensors, actuators, mechanical, algorithms and software systems
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to think logically and remove bias from evaluation of problems
- Strong understanding of operations and logistics
- High level of accuracy and attention to details
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Flexible schedule and willingness to attend evening/night meetings
- Hunger to develop a detailed understanding of every part of the autonomous system
- B.S in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Robotics Engineering
- M.S. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Robotics Engineering, or a related field
- Experience working with autonomous vehicles
- Sales or Applications engineering experience
- Experience leading cross functional teams or projects
- Knowledge of Python or C++
- Knowledge of electric vehicles
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the bustling Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. Were behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, its imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motionals success. Thats why weve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.