Salsify helps brand manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in over 80 countries collaborate to win on the digital shelf. The companys Commerce Experience Management (CommerceXM) platform serves as the system of record for products, accelerates time to market for products, facilitates cross-team and cross-organization collaboration at scale, and provides the insights needed to continuously optimize product pages across channels. The result is shopper-centric, frictionless, and memorable commerce experiences. Great commerce experiences that are delivered efficiently improve brand trust, amplify product differentiation and assortments, increase conversion rate, improve profit margins, and speed time to market.
Learn how the worlds largest brands, including Mars, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, Bosch, and GSK, as well as retailers and distributors such as E.Leclerc, Carrefour, Metro, and Intermarch use Salsify everyday to stand out on the digital shelf.
For more information, please visit: http://www.salsify.com.
Salsify office is in Boston. This position is open to a remote employee based across the US.
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will play an integral role in Security across our Engineering organization. Working across Engineering, you will work with teams to employ and practice secure development in the design and implementation of services, products, and tools. The engineer in this role will play an important role in helping to shape the roadmap and direction of the Secure Development team at Salsify.
Salsify is building a comprehensive platform to enable the world's leading brands to manage their commerce strategy across the digital shelf, with functionality spanning product content management, digital asset management, data syndication, eCommerce, and more. The security, confidentiality, and privacy of customer data is a crucial component of our existing platform and continues to be an area of investment as we scale. We have a strong culture of engineering quality and code craft and seek an experienced engineer to continue to advance our secure development practices.
We deeply value our engineering culture. We strongly emphasize trust, mentorship, and collaboration. We care about building the right thing, the right way, and having fun while we do it. Every member of our team has the freedom and responsibility to make Salsify a great place to work. From architecting and designing to building elegant, scalable software, Salsify empowers our engineers to innovate while solving challenging problems.
Youll Enjoy This Role if You Have:
- Secure software architecture (Security By Design) / Secure development practices experience;
- Demonstrated prior success as a software engineer;
- Modern web-application architecture, microservices, SaaS/cloud software engineering knowledge;
- Experience participating in a strong software security review process;
- Experience leading threat modeling exercises and participating in risk assessment;
- Experience managing and/or implementing engineering security systems like DAST, SAST, or IAST;
How Youll Make an Impact:
- Support and improve secure development practices across the organization:
- Ensure the development, maintenance, and adoption of libraries, frameworks, and patterns in support of secure development;
- Perform security architecture reviews - ensure that topics such as tenant isolation, privilege management across services, data protection approaches, etc. are actively considered and addressed;
- Engage with key Engineering Security systems and processes:
- Static Analysis tools and processes;
- Be an active stakeholder for key observability systems such as logging / SIEM;
- Participate in our Security Incident Response process.
- Be an advocate within Engineering for Security Best Practices
- Be an active partner to our Information Security Department
Example Projects you might work on:
- Work with our Infrastructure team to design and integrate a SAST tool into our standard engineering workflows.
- Participate / Perform security reviews of new features or services
- Engage with other teams to help them understand and remediate security risks
- Work with our data teams to improve data classification and data privacy controls and requirements
- Work with software teams to improve inter-service security, particularly regarding distributed authorization.
US Benefits -
- Competitive Salary
- 401 (k)
- Unlimited Vacation
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company provided Life Insurance and Short Term Disability as well as additional voluntary insurance elections
- FSA: Medical, Commuter, and Dependent Care
- Referral Bonuses
Salsify loves a good success story and it would be our privilege to help write yours! We recognize that talent and potential come in all forms and that years of experience does not guarantee on the job effectiveness or leadership potential. Our hiring process involves recognizing a persons achievements, subject matter expertise, and passion, not just check marks next to a job description. If you have an interest in our roles please do not hesitate to apply - we would be happy to speak with you!
Salsifys mission is to empower brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf.
Helping brand manufacturers to win online is what we do. Our culture is who we are. We are empowered. We are positive thinkers. We take action. We care deeply. These values have driven Salsifys growth and earned the company numerous top workplace awards.
We are headquartered in Boston and have hubs in Lisbon (Portugal), Paris (France), and remote offices around the globe. If you are excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that values agility, curiosity and passion, we want to hear from you!
Salsify is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diverse perspectives yield strong and happy teams. Our employees and customers win when we have a variety of opinions and experiences. If you have a disability, require a religious accommodation or if there is anything we can do to make you more comfortable during our recruitment process, please let us know at [email protected].
Please see our Candidate Privacy Statement for information on the personal data we process in connection with your application.