Wayfair is looking for an enthusiastic and data-driven Senior Manager, SEO to join its SEO team and help drive execution and analysis for organic search engine optimization efforts for Wayfairs Specialty Retail and Luxury Brands. As a member of Wayfairs marketing team, you will be responsible for helping drive Wayfairs exceptional SEO growth in a fast-paced, data-driven environment. As part of the SEO leadership team, you will influence the overall SEO strategy, help set team goals, and contribute to our team culture.
At Wayfair, you will be able to perform SEO like nowhere else: on a huge site that can compete for the biggest keywords with the resources and upper management buy-in that SEOs dream of a place where VPs and the CEO might ask you about canonical tag strategy. You will also be held to the highest standards of testing and proving the benefit of every action with hard data. This is not a place to sit back and implement best practices: we expand our knowledge of SEO beyond what is known in the wider community and use that knowledge to outperform higher authority sites.
What youll do:
- Regularly identify ways to measurably improve SEO of Wayfair sites
- Regularly use in house analytics to identify trends, diagnose issues, and measure impact of SEO changes
- Manage and guide the development of direct reports. Nurture the goal of making Wayfair an extraordinary place to work
- Oversee and manage internal stakeholders and those of direct reports
- Responsible for the successful integration of cross-channel strategies
- Be a subject matter expert outside the department and a development resource to junior members within it
- Propose new product solutions based on experience and industry trends
- Develop and implement tests at a rapid pace
- Help maintain SEO department knowledge base (test results, processes, reference material, etc.)
- 6+ years of full-time experience in quantitative-driven, service fields like consulting, technical marketing, or data science.
- Minimum 2 years managing direct reports
- Strong understanding of search engine algorithms and result features
- Ability to identify and recommend solutions to technical hurdles
- Strong experience with industry standard tools
- Familiarity / working experience with popular website analytics applications
- Strong mathematical, analytical and writing skills in order to compare data and analyze tactics to maximize results
- SQL and Python skills a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.