Senior Site Reliability Engineer
The Site Reliability Engineering team is leading problem solving for a global fitness brand in our collaborative and learning driven environment. As a Senior SRE, you will work in the ASICS Digital SRE Team to design and implement solutions across a multitude of different business units. You will contribute to building a global platform on AWS and SaaS vendors for delivering our products and services to span the world. You will have the opportunity to work on interesting technologies (AWS ECS, Docker, Terraform, [email protected], Akamai, and many others) and to influence the technical direction of many groups throughout the entire ASICS global organization.
An Engineer at this level drives projects that have high level requirements and brings them to life. They do this while mentoring more junior engineers. This often involves spending a good chunk of their time teaching others and helping others complete their task. This is done with the goal of improving the overall efficiency of the team. This role ensures that their scrum team is following best practices that have been defined by the organization. They level up as they become familiar with more areas of technology. In doing so they learn how to estimate and deliver on multiple platforms. Identify technical and process improvements and drive to both solution and implement the changes. Leveling up should be tied to their ability to give/receive feedback and project manage
ASICS Digital is based in Downtown Crossing, Boston, Massachusetts. We are a division of ASICS, based out of Kobe, Japan. Our goal is to get the whole world moving by developing innovative direct-to-consumer personalized experiences that improve the entirety of our customers lives. We are responsible for the continued development of global e-commerce platforms, and other digital services that encourage people to get moving and achieve A Sound Mind, in a Sound Body.
- Improve our ECS, Terraform, EC2, and continue to modernize our legacy infrastructure.
- Improve monitoring and alerting to detect outages and problems before our customers.
- Bring a fresh perspective and ask questions for anything you find in your work.
- Improve the deployment process to be as boring and predictable as possible.
- Work with the SRE team to continually improve our processes, automation, and tooling to innovate for our next challenges.
- Be in an on-call rotation to respond to ASICS Digital platform availability incidents and provide support to application engineers with customer incidents.
- Coding infrastructure automation with Python, AWS, Terraform, Docker, etc.
- Improve our metrics, runbooks, documentation, and training.
- Onboard application teams to effectively use the ASICS Digital platform.
- Learn from the surrounding SRE team members to expand your knowledge and experiences in a focused research area.
- Think about systems of interaction and especially their edge cases.
- Are passionate about learning and helping improve systems for everyones benefit.
- Communicate effectively and understand what it means to know your audience.
- Comfortable using and debugging Linux on the server.
- Have scripted or programmed in Python, Ruby, Bash, Go, or similar; and are interested in learning more Python.
- Enthusiastically clean up as you go, and work to fix things around you to make it better the next time anyone visits that infrastructure, code, or documentation, etc.
- Want to deliver consistently, in an iterative fashion, and arent afraid to learn from your mistakes.
- We are looking for 3 or more of the following:
- 3+ years of experience working as an SRE, or in a related role like:
- Cloud-based Software Engineering
- Quality Engineering (and are interested in infrastructure)
- Other relevant position, as explained by you
- 3+ years automating and operating applications in a public cloud environment
- Built a strong knowledge of DevOps and its tenets
- Written configuration management and orchestration code (Terraform, CloudFormation, Packer)
- Built and operated software through direct experience, effective communication, and collaboration skills both internally and with a geographically distributed team
- Development or scripting experience in a cross-platform language such as Python, Golang, Ruby, or others
- Deployed and tuned monitoring and application performance monitoring systems to provide effective metrics and alerting
- Participated in an on-call rotation
Become a part of the ADI community:
ADI is taking active steps towards becoming a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We aim to engage in D&I work that permeates our organization and all employees are expected to be actively involved.
-ADI is a strong, global community where we collaborate and care for each other.
-We value a diversity of opinion, everyones input, and increasing the number of voices at the table.
-Youll have the opportunity to join the D&I task force, participate in affinity spaces, learn and grow on your anti-racist journey. We all need to know what anti-racist is so that everyone can talk about what it actually means.
-We center our employees as full people. We dont just accept difference, we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community.
Equal Opportunity Employer Description:
At ADI, we dont just accept diversity we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. ASICS Digital is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or fitness level.