ezCater is the worlds largest online marketplace for catering a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. Were backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
Are you excited about coding solutions, building features, and driving efficiency while working with an exceptional team? At ezCater we rely on our dynamic and skilled team of engineers to provide solutions that unlock potential and drive innovation in our rapidly evolving environment.
As we expand our team were seeking engineers that thrive in a forward-thinking organization and are passionate about building products that drive measurable impact, while committing quality code and deconstructing complexities. We are looking for smart, thoughtful, collaborative technologists to help us reach our goals while delivering value and impact across our business.
ezCater values technology as a differentiator and a key component of our success. It powers everything we do. We push ourselves every day to improve the codebase, improve performance, and deliver an amazing customer experience. Our team values innovation, pragmatism, and transparency. Check out the ezCater Engineering Blog for a glimpse into our culture and team.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is accountable for the infrastructure and systems that build, deploy, and run all 100+ services that make up the ezCater application ecosystem. We are systems and software engineers who engage with product and platform engineering teams at various levels. We often support and advise on how to deploy new services and applications in production, amidst large infrastructure initiatives. Our goal is to provide an effortless experience for developers to build, deploy, and maintain any application in a fast, reliable, and scalable manner.
Some projects from the past year include migrating from self-managed Kubernetes to EKS, adopting ArgoCD, and assisting development teams in major Postgres version upgrades. As we look forward, we are re-evaluating many of our practices and infrastructure choices to match the evolving needs of our business with an interest in security, scalability and maintainability.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to a team that is focused on delivering value for our customer, executing the organization's mission, and propelling our business forward.
- Explore solutions, provide insights, and help the team make good technical decisions and investments to improve infrastructure and tooling.
- Conceive, design, and implement solutions that produce impactful, and measurable benefits.
- Maintain the processes and infrastructure that backs ezCaters core services and applications, making improvements at every opportunity.
- Improve and maintain our CI/CD pipeline which enables our feature and platform teams to deploy and monitor their services with ease. We deploy into production 75+ times a day and want to support much more.
- Collaborate with the Security, Developer Experience and Engineering Operations teams to enable our Engineering teams to build reliable, scalable and secure applications.
- Work closely with other teams as needed, to support incident response and root cause analysis.
- Champion the evolution of our infrastructure and tooling Contribute to various codebases in Ruby, Groovy/Java, Go and Typescript.
- Consult with engineers as they vet, implement and maintain new technologies.
- Have fun building meaningful software with people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, skill sets and interests.
What You'll Have:
- Modern cloud infrastructure management. We use AWS, but experience with Azure, GCP, Rackspace or others are relevant.
- Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation, Pulumi, or similar)
- Configuration Management (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Saltstack, etc.)
- Cluster administration with Kubernetes. (EKS is a plus)
- CI / CD Management (e.g. Jenkins, Teamcity, Github Actions, or similar)
- Flexible growth mindset, youre willing to do what it takes to adapt, and youre excited to learn a heck of a lot along the way.
- A thirst for personal and professional growth.
- A flexible, and pragmatic disposition.
What youll get from us:
Youll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. Youll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and youll get all this: Market salary, stock options that youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.