Who We Are
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our consumer-facing Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Product Management, Experience Design, Analytics, and business leaders across Wayfair, our Engineering team ensures that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, well-designed ways. We are evolving our platform towards a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, and personalization. And were a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety, and intentional career development.
About the Team
The new Shopping Tools group at Wayfair will be focusing on innovative support for users on complex shopping journeys. It will enable omnichannel tools for users to solve design and renovation projects to create a space they love. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to lead the web efforts on 3D/XR, to give our users confidence in their purchase by letting them see what it will look like in real life. This includes developing cutting-edge experiences with 3D, XR on the web, and native app.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for leading technical roadmaps, design, and implementation within highly ambiguous problem spaces.
- Propose and own initiatives from start to finish while balancing various technical trade-offs including speed to delivery, maintainability, system performance and others.
- Mentor new hires and other engineers to help them become more proficient by example, tech talks, paired programming, and other avenues to increase technical efficiency across the organization.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across product and engineering to understand pain points and drive initiatives forward
- Leverage data to understand risks, priorities, and scope of business objectives and develop near term goals and set technical objectives to meet the Shopping Tools engineering and product vision
- Advocate for automation, quality, performance, and scalability. Become a staple member of engineering by contributing to code reviews, the RFC process, and architecture reviews
What You'll Need
- Broad experience across technology and software engineering (guidance of 10-20 years related work experience)
- Hands-on experience driving software transformations within high-growth environments at scale Demonstrated history of implementing and managing large scale distributed systems
- Proven and successful experience building and shipping decoupled technical platforms Experience with Java/PHP/Python, Kubernetes, containerization, microservices
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and project management skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse, talented team Depth with customer-facing solutions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with 3D/XR.
- Masters in computer science or another related field preferred.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.