Who we are:
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Analytics Services team, you will be responsible for developing, owning, and scaling the job execution platform. You will be responsible for building and maintaining numerous tools that enable data developers at Wayfair to build and manage production data development and processing workflows. You need to strive to remove the minutiae of data development to reduce unnecessary toil and let developers focus on creating the data the business needs. Your contributions will ensure the continued growth, health, and availability of a dataset that powers every decision at Wayfair. You will ensure the platform is scalable, resilient and monitored effectively This pipeline integrates streaming technology, batch processing, and ML to provide forecasting, anomaly detection, cost insights, and value reporting.
Candidates that are a fit for this profile are familiar with building backend engineering applications, are experienced with Python, developing systems and configuration as code, and are passionate about building highly resilient, scalable solutions, and would be interested in the following specifics for this team:
What Youll Do:
- Design and implement a workflow management tool that makes creating new data processing jobs easier and supports a variety of job types
- Build effective job monitoring interfaces to effectively manage scheduled or ad-hoc runs
- Architect and implement an alerting approach to enable exposure of Service Level Indicators (SLIs) and adherence to Service Level Objectives (SLOs)
- Build and enhance batch-oriented and real-time streaming jobs execution platform
What Youll Need:
- Applied experience with Python and at least one OLAP database (Redshift, BigQuery or equivalent) at scale
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- Familiarity with Terraform or Puppet (or similar technologies)
- Understanding of cloud deployment technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.