We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Apps Frameworks team at athena.
The App Frameworks team enables third party applications to be seamlessly integrated into athenas product. Using modern industry standards providers can see the right information at the right time in their workflow whether that is coming from athenahealth or another source.
As an Engineer on this team, you will help plan and execute the required work to make sure we continue to support industry standards while making the user experience as seamless as possible. You will support other developers working on places to integrate apps or the apps themselves.
You are a full stack developer who will enjoy working on a highly collaborative team that approaches challenges with lots of flexibility, agility and experimentation.
- Participate in design and development on an agile team of Engineers, a Scrum Master, a Product Owner, and Designer
- Developknowledge to act as a domain expert. Take ownership of what you build and oversee assist junior engineers across the team to ensure completion and quality
- Collaborate with team members to promote productivity and effectiveness.
- About 4+years of experience with significant software engineering skills
- We are seeking a well-rounded engineer, proficient in at least one modern programming language and in full stack development. Adaptable and learn and work with varied technologies.
- We work in an Agile environment, so solid Agile experience, and any CI/CD concepts is helpful.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, SQL, RESTful API, and various other technologies is preferred.We use AWS which is a plus (but other public cloud experience will be helpful).
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.