Senior Software Engineer
At Turbonomic, we are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. We will honor your experiences, perspectives, and exceptional identity. We believe that uniqueness enriches all of us by showing us a range of ways to understand and engage with the world.
Who We Are:
At Turbonomic, an IBM company, we work to deliver best-in-class software so that our customers can assure application performance, eliminating error messages, spinning wheels and business disruptions. Turbonomics Application Resource Management (ARM) platform continuously assures that applications get precisely the right resources needed to perform, while maintaining policy compliance and eliminating overspending. Our Network Performance Management (NPM) technology provides modern monitoring and analytics solutions that organizations need to monitor their network infrastructure, and simplifies the extraction and enrichment of metric, flow, and streaming telemetry data across multi-vendor networks enabling enterprises, carriers, and managed service providers to ensure optimal network operations and performance.
Turbonomic is well-positioned to build the future of AI-driven hybrid cloud. Turbonomic was recently named to the Inc. 5000 List of fastest growing private companies for the sixth time, and the Forbes Cloud 100 for the fourth time. We have also been named to Fast Companys Best Workplaces for Innovators List, a testament to our people, culture, and technology. To scale our growth, we have locked in partnerships with technology giants like Cisco, Microsoft, AWS, and DXC.
Whats In It For You:
Assist the Company in the further development and enhancements of its virtualization management software products. In this role, will serve as member of the Software Development team at Turbonomic and will be responsible for developing automation components and architecting framework of the Turbonomic product suite to manage complex virtualized infrastructure based on unique and innovative technology including but not limited to Cloud computing, Virtualization, Software Defined Networking (SDN), and the Software Defined Data Center. The Senior Software Engineers development duties will involve the use of server-side Java/EMF/TestNG developments as well as selenium based automated user interfaces.
What You'll be Doing:
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop, test, document and deploy Turbonomic software in adherence to customer virtualization data centers, for both on-premise and off-premise (cloud based). More specifically:
- Design detailed specifications to be used as a base architecture.
- Develop integrated components that drive automation off the design requirements.
- Test correct end to end functioning, cornering edge cases and negative user behavior.
- Document code and user workflows for easier maintenance.
- Deploy code on continuous integration (CI) systems like Jenkins, and maintain daily builds ongoing releases.
- Architect frameworks and scope, design, automation code for user interfaces, visualization and analytics. Contribute to architecture and technical design discussions and code review in collaboration with the project teams.
- Confer with companywide teams ranging from systems analysts, engineers, programmers, technical writers and others to design automation systems and obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, acceptance criterion, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure user specifications are met.
- Work with the deployment and sales engineering on the customer environment including design and maintain systems and identify and make recommendations to fix software issues.
- Research private and public cloud services and propose analytical ways to test optimization for these cloud computing architectures.
- Work with other developers to identify and investigate technical issues, and make recommendations regarding modifications to resolve technical problems.
- Create end-to-end automation tools and provide technical leadership of global software automation projects.
- Work extensively with Java and bash development tools applying principles of object oriented and model driven architecture.
- Innovate and drive automation best practices and design and implement automation processes and systems.
- Simulate real world deployments of Turbonomic software and reproduce and resolve critical customer issues.
- Raise enhancement requests to improve product use cases (real world interactions that customers have when using a product to meet their need) and modify acceptance criterion for the upcoming features in the product.
- Make recommendations for improvements on how we engineer our products with latest technologies and industry trends.
What Will You Bring:
Minimum Requirements: Masters degree (or a foreign equivalent degree) in Computer Science, Information Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related technical field and 1 year of experience as a Software Engineer or Software Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer designing internal software tools and developing and testing for a production grade web-based application. May be gained pre- or post-Masters degree.
Must also have: (I) Experience as a Software Engineer or Software QA Engineer must include a background in developing frameworks using automation technologies including robot framework, selenium, RESTful APIs, and continuous integration (CI) systems (for example, Jenkins); (II) Thorough understanding of object oriented and model driven architecture; (III) Demonstrated strong Java development and debugging skills; (IV) Demonstrated academic coursework or industry experience: (a) developing complex multi-threaded applications, (b) modeling software, (c) in architecture and design of components, and (d) in web-based applications; (V) Coursework, other academic project or industry experience with Java, Python, MySQL, Linux kernel, algorithms, Object oriented design, Web application development, distributed systems, principles of Cloud computing, Databases, Amazon Web services, and Operating Systems; (VI) Background with web stack protocols and advanced skills in XML, XSLT, JSON and common design patterns in web framework; (VII) Must have strong communication and team working skills; (VIII) Strong understanding and hands-on skills of web-based distributed system; (IX) Ability to deploy, integrate and maintain servers/services in production environment; and (X) Knowledge of software development processes, demonstrated ability to determine relevant timelines and milestones, and track record fulfilling the goals.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage health is a #1 priority for us, weve got you covered..
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Access to executives learn and collaborate with leaders.
- Career advancement jump in, learn, grow and shape your career
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
- Employee Resource Groups POCIT, DevelopHer, Parents at Turbo, Book Club
- Wellness Initiatives - are you competitive? Youll love the step competition with great prizes! Cooking more your speed? We have web cooking classes! Great wellness initiative running year round
- Wellness Platform that offers allocation of points for different wellness benefits of your choice from the platform
Our Company Culture:
Our company culture enables a workplace that values trust, transparency, and performance. This is emulated through our employees, who approach each day with a sense of fearlessness, collaboration, and curiosity. If that sounds like something youd like to be part of, wed love to hear from you. To learn more about our company culture, check out our careers page, blog, or connect with Turbonomic via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) efforts are a strategic imperative in driving the future of our business. DEI is directly linked to our ability to innovate and collaborate effectively to bring the best products to market. We welcome and embrace diverse thoughts, experiences, and ideas. Having a diverse and inclusive culture is fundamental to who we are, and we know it has a positive effect on our success. We have committed to two Parity Pledges: One for Women in Leadership Positions; and one in Support of People of Color.
We measure our work culture regularly to ensure that Turbonomic is a place where all our employees are respected and valued for who they are. DEI is not a special initiative, but a central element of our strategy.
Across the Turbonomic enterprise we encourage you to bring your uniqueness. Whether it is through our Community Outreach program, joining an Employee Resource Group, or participating in our Sustainability initiatives, if you have a passion for pushing the limit and are eager to make a difference, Turbo is the place for you.
We encourage you to apply even if you dont check every single one of the boxes listed above!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
By submitting your application and information to Turbonomic, an IBM Company, you acknowledge and agree that your information can be used and made available to our subsidiaries and affiliates, and that you may be interviewed by, or ultimately offered employment by, any of IBM's subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide.