At Wayfair, we love solving complex business problems with technology to serve our millions of customers, to sell and deliver a catalog of millions of products, and to continue growing at a rapid pace a journey enabled by more than 3,000 Wayfair engineers.
The Wayfair Fulfillment Network team is responsible for the systems powering dozens of fulfillment centers across multiple countries and continents. Our systems are processing the receipt, storage, and shipping of millions of boxes per month.
We are looking for a passionate engineer who loves to solve complex problems, learns fast, and shares knowledge to join our team and help us build and optimize the systems responsible for orchestrating more than 1MM boxes every month, within more than 11MM square feet of space across our global network of warehouses.
If you love to solve real business problems at scale, in a fast-paced, high growth, and agile environment, this is the role for you.
Your role at Wayfair
- Be a technical leader within the teams you work with
- Drive high impact architectural decisions and hands-on development, including inception, design, execution, and delivery following good design and coding practices
- Obsessively focus on production readiness for the team including testing, monitoring, deployment, documentation and proactive troubleshooting
- Identify risks and gaps in technical approaches and propose solutions to meet team and project goals
- Create proposals and action plans to garner support across the organization
- Influence and contribute to the teams strategy and roadmap
- Help grow other engineers technically by mentoring, pairing, and developing other opportunities for education
- Be externally recognized as credible technical and product subject matter expert for the broader teams focus area
- Continuously rethink and reevaluate the status quo, even when it argues with your/our past ideas
What You Bring To The Table
- Experienced in architecting and building large-scale, cloud-based and event-driven systems across various projects
- Several years of experience with multiple programming languages; Java, Kotlin, PHP and Python are a nice to have
- Deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Proven successes in mentoring engineers to improve standards and reduce defects in dynamic environments
- Capability to collaborate across the wider organization, influence even without direct authority with an inclusive, adaptable and persuasive communication style
- A track record of delivering in increments and learning as you go
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Extensive career and growth opportunities in a fast-growing technology & retail powerhouse
- Training & development, including world-class mentoring and tuition reimbursement for education relevant to your career
- Subsidized gym membership, free yoga classes and wellness weeks
- Subsidized public transport subscription
- Discounts on Wayfair sites for employee purchases
- Participation in conferences & meetups we organize and sponsor
- Access to subsidized child care resources
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.