We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Care Management team within our athenaClinicals Product Development organization. But enough about us; lets talk about you.
You are a developer with experience building full stack web applications, preferably in public and private cloud environments. You are an excellent communicator that is capable of quickly picking up the complicated healthcare space.
Our athenaClinicals team builds code that matters, working on the beating heart of doctors workflows that is used by over 100,000 healthcare providers daily. We build the interface that makes the interactions between these providers and the electronic health record as seamless as possible, and elevates what the doctor needs to see, when they need to see it. This team is innovative, passionate, and driven by our mission to help make an impact.
The Team: The care management team is building tools that will help deliver outcome-changing care management services to vulnerable patient populations. Patients live most of their lives outside the walls of the hospital or doctors office, and care management is all about meeting patients where they are at and keeping them healthy between appointments. Come join this fast-growing team that is working hard to meet the fast-growing market demand.
- Design and develop code on an agile team of Engineers, a Scrum Master, a Product Owner, and Experience Designer
- Collaborate with team members to promote productivity and effectiveness; share business and technical insights with the broader engineering and product organization
- Develop knowledge and domain expertise. Take ownership of what you and the team build and coordinate your efforts across the teams to ensure proper completion
- About 4-6 years of software engineering experience with significant product development expertise
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Proficient in at least one modern programming language; relational databases, with modern UI frameworks helpful
- We work in Agile environment, so any Agile experience or CI/CD concepts is helpful
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, SQL, RESTful API, and various other technologies is helpful
- Our Vision:To create a thriving ecosystem that deliversaccessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home toseveralrestaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture:At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) arecommitted to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking foracompany that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, ourathenistasare offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.