Senior Web Engineer, Autolist
San Francisco, CA or Austin, TX
For most people, shopping for a vehicle is an experience we'd rather forget. Navigating a sea of endless options, spending hours, and the dealership and negotiating toe-to-toe with a dealer who does all this every day leaves automotive shoppers feeling exhausted and overwhelmed while hopeful, but not sure, they got a vehicle in good condition for a fair price.
Autolist is on a mission to rewire the automotive industry by making it easier for everyone to find and get a vehicle they love! We are creating an automotive shopping experience for every stage of the automotive life cycle - buying, selling, owning - and we're well on our way. As an independent brand and subsidiary of CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG) we're a startup within the worldwide category leader in automotive shopping helping millions of monthly users via our award-winning apps and web shopping platforms. Our efforts to streamline the automotive shopping experience is supported by a strong passion to empower people with the knowledge and experience they need for everything automotive, a dedication to equity, inclusion, and belonging, and world-class benefits.
As a Senior Web Engineer, youll focus on bringing the Autolist vision to life. You will have near-term leadership opportunities, and collaborate with other engineers, product managers, designers, and analysts to execute on a broad range of projects. This could include building new features to help our customers, architecting front end infrastructure to support a fast-growing user base, or optimizing our intelligent marketplace to provide a better user experience.
- Build and maintain scalable, isomorphic web apps. (Our web app is built Next.js, React, and Redux, hosted on Kubernetes)
- Drive engineering projects to completion, with a focus on the business impact of those projects. Pragmatically prioritize tasks to deliver on goals with a sense of urgency
- Tackle tough technical problems at any level of the stack, and be persistent in getting to the solution, whether it involves front-end, back-end, or infrastructure work
- Produce engineering solutions that are reliable, maintainable and easy to change
- Build products and features using not only full-stack technologies but also other technical skills strengthened over time
- Work in close collaboration with cross-functional teams to plan and execute engineering projects
- Mentor junior and mid-level developers reach their full potential
- We deeply value continuous education as a personal investment to better achieve individual and business goals
- B.S. in Computer Science or 5 years of industry experience
- 3 years front end development experience with modern languages
- Interest in fostering an extreme Programming environment
- Compassion and strong communication skills
Note: The requirements listed on this job description are guidelines not hard and fast rules. To excel in this role you will not need to satisfy or meet every requirement listed. If you have the transferable skills and want the opportunity to be considered please apply!
- Have mastered pair-programming as a skill
- An interest in exploring code design and architecture
- Have used test-driven development (TDD) extensively
- Experience building consumer-facing applications
- Experience of working with the auto industry
- Experience working in a fast-growing startup environment
- Practical experience of a range of agile development methodologies
- Full-stack, Android or iOS experience
Equal Opportunity Statement
Autolist is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.
Check out this link to learn more about our engineering team: https://www.autolist.com/engineering