Who We Are:
At Twitter, our advertising business went from zero to two billion in revenue faster than any other company. It’s critically important to show that value in a way advertisers understand, trust, and can dig into for more detail.
Our team is responsible for all interfaces between Twitter ad products and advertisers such as ads.twitter.com and the ads API. We aim to build a high quality API framework that enables teams to build full-stack products that make it easy for advertisers to create and measure their campaigns and objectives.
The Advertiser API platform serves some of the world’s biggest brands, agencies, and Ad Tech partners, solves their campaign, creative, and audience management needs and provides insights and analytics. We’re focused on developer efficiency, driving an API first philosophy and ensuring that our platform is stable, extensible, and scalable.
Our Engineering Environment:
At Twitter, we believe that good system designs require collaboration so that the end result is simple yet sophisticated. We promote openness by contributing to open source and sharing our data through Twitter’s API (learn more here - https://dev.twitter.com/ads/overview). Our technology stack is mainly based on Scala and Java on the backend, with data analytics systems built on Heron and Hadoop.
Who You Are:
- You are a proven engineer. Not only strong technically, you have shown that you can work effectively with product managers, designers and other engineering teams.
- You have a fierce sense of ownership, caring deeply about the quality of everything that you deliver into your customers' hands.
- You love the challenge of engineering, and are confident in your ability to bring clarity and direction to ambiguous problem spaces.
- You work well in a fast paced environment while deeply invest in long term quality and efficiency.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or similar technical field
- 4+ years experience developing large scale distributed systems
- 2+ years leading projects, mentoring and motivating team members
- Fluent in one or more JVM based language such as Java or Scala
- Experienced in backend systems such as data processing (realtime and batch mode), storage platforms, and service-oriented architecture
- Strong software engineering practices (e.g. coding, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience innovating in service-oriented architecture
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.