The machine learning metrics team focuses on data-driven metrics development for systems and subsystems to guide training and evaluation of our neural networks and autonomous vehicle stack components. The team charter is centered around three core concepts. First: how should we score the AV system as a whole in a way that is compliant with legal, ethical and ride comfort related constraints? Second: given such a system level score, how do we score subsystems in a way that informs progress towards the system level goals? Third: how do we quickly obtain such system level metrics via large scale simulation?
Motional has offices in Boston, Pittsburgh, Santa Monica, Bay area, and Las Vegas. You can join any of these offices. Specifically, the Santa Monica office is located in the heart of 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica at 1453 3rd Street. With all the modern amenities for productive work and play, it is steps away from the popular pedestrian outdoor shopping area and Santa Monica beach.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the subprojects for building large scale infrastructure for collecting metrics via simulation.
- Lead set up of AWS infrastructure to analyze the data from data on scale
- Work with smart and motivated teammates in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Show initiative and be a lead team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is the norm.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of cloud development experience.
- Advanced knowledge of at least one programming languages: Python, Java, or Go.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale cloud application.
- Experience with large-scale distributed NoSQL and relational database systems.
- Belief that you can achieve more on a team -- the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and creative thinking.
- Passion about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world.
- A strong sense of ownership: Be able to drive the project from conception to production.