Cedar is a patient payment and engagement platform that elevates the total patient experience beyond clinical care. The platform uses data science and technology to deliver modern intelligence to providers and simplify the healthcare experience for patients. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
The Implementation Team at Cedar is made up of Solutions Engineers and Solutions Architects who are responsible for the process of getting our new clients from Discovery to Go-Live on the Cedar platform. They have a "do what it takes" entrepreneurial demeanor to getting our clients' implementations over the line - on time and of high quality.
Cedar views Solutions Engineers as Software Engineers who can gather and understand requirements, design the solution and specifications, write code that addresses the requirements, test the code and integrate, package the product, and work with Implementation Managers and Solution Architects to deliver the solution.
We're seeking a client-facing Senior Solutions Engineer to build implementations with provider clients after kickoff. Software Engineers on the team will work with their peers in engineering to build and improve our integration engine while optimizing future implementations. This role is perfect for someone who wants to make an immediate impact on our business while having an opportunity for growth in various ways throughout the organization.
Cedar is committed to a flexible work environment, so this as well as many of our roles are U.S. remote-friendly.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize, and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Mentor Junior Solutions Engineers
- Work autonomously and creatively in navigating and overcoming obstacles that you encounter
- Contribute to multi-functional team efforts across Cedar and our clients to deploy the Cedar platform - reliably
- Develop software to integrate with client's electronic health record (EHR) data
- While this is not a current requirement, you may occasionally travel to client sites, when its safe to do so (~1 trip/quarter)
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Developer/Engineer. The ideal candidate would have held roles as a Software Development Engineer, Software Engineer III, Sr. Software Engineer, or comparable positions (Levels 3,4, & 5)
- Familiarity with data structures, relational databases, cloud infrastructure
- Proficient with at least one programming language such as Python, Java, C++
- Experience with Django is desired.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, comfort with ambiguity
- Excellent communication and listening skills, the ability to persuade and influence others
- Strong computer science fundamentals - a degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field or similar experience
- Healthcare experience is a plus.
- Passionate about Cedars mission of improving the healthcare financial experience
- Eligible to work in the United States
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- This is a remote optional opportunity, were hiring anywhere in the United States
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year, and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks at our NYC office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for the Software Engineer (Client Integrations) role who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.