The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
We are currently looking for a hands-on Software Engineer to join our Postgres engineering team with a focus on Postgres scalability and tooling.
Joining as a member of the team, youll work on designing and building the future of Postgres development automation. You will be expected to design, develop and document new system capabilities and improve existing automation capabilities.
- Design, implement, and maintain our internal solution verification framework.
- Design, implement, and maintain automations, infrastructure, and CI/CD systems
- Analyze business requirements and translate them into executable tasks.
- Design, code, test, and document new Postgres tooling capabilities requested by customers
- Improving the performance and usability of existing automated systems.
- Collaborate closely with other members of the development team on large software features.
- Experience with GitHub Actions
- Experience with Golang, Python, or TypeScript
- In-depth understanding of databases, SQL, and relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL
- Experience with system administration and shell scripting
- Experience with IT automation and configurations systems (like Ansible)
- Experience developing, implementing and maintaining IaC (Infrastructure as Code)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a distributed international team
- 3-5+ years of experience working as a hands-on software engineer
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Calm and methodical approach with good communication skills
- Understands and willing to follow whole modern software development life cycle processes
- Experience with Postgres database
- Experience with Observability Systems
- In-depth knowledge of Unix systems and networking technologies
- In-depth knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Experience working within a you build it, you own it culture
- Experience with the major Cloud Providers; AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with Ansible, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with test driven development
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.
Our US benefits package is listed here - additional benefits packages available upon request