Chewy is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering Team. This role can be based in Boston, MA, Minneapolis MN and Fort Lauderdale, FL. The expectations of the prospective candidate will be the design, development, testing, implementation, and support of applications and related integrations. In this role, the ideal candidate will engage in iterative development, testing, and make contributions to the growth and development of one of Chewys fastest growing areas. This energetic individual will partner with both technical and business teams on multiple initiatives and collaborate to deliver new features and enhancements.
What you'll do:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of several Chewy business processes and systems environment
- Act in the capacity of a software engineer to actively participate in the definition, design, development, testing and implementation of software functionality using the Agile methodology
- Create or modify complex programs, modules, routines, scripts and data objects from a detailed design where efficiency, performance and reliability are critical
- Work with and advise both business and technology teams (internal and external) on how best to implement desired features and enhancements
- Ensure that technical solutions follow best practices, are reliable, are easily maintainable and are scalable under sustained load
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Collaborate to identify, isolate and resolve malfunctions related to software
- Create and evolve application documentation as required
- Operate in compliance with IT standards, policies, procedures, and best practices
What you'll need:
- Bachelors Degree (MIS or CS preferred) or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of full software development lifecycle experience including the ability to perform independent analysis
- 5+ years of experience developing applications in web technologies (Java 8, Spring Boot, Hibernate, JQuery, JSON, AngularJS, Tomcat, HTML5, CSS3, Spring MVC)
- 2+ years of experience in SQL and developing applications with relational database technologies
- 5+ years of experience working web server technologies
- 3+ years of experience working with web services (SOAP/HTTP, REST)
- Strong analytical abilities and a strong intellectual curiosity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities at a given time
- Must be team oriented and have a customer service mindset
- Self-driven, able to work independently or within a team setting
- Results oriented and adaptable
- Position may require travel
- Experience with any of the following: Angular JS, Vue.js, React.js , Agile/Scrum, open source technologies, responsive application design, continuous integration using Jenkins
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture
- Familiarity with Quality Assurance methodologies and automated testing using tools such as Selenium/Jmeter
- Exposure to working in a retail.
- Experience working directly with non-IT business partners
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected].