At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Senior Software Engineer – Infrastructure and Tools Team
The Senior Software Engineer will join our Infrastructure and Tools team. In this role, you will use your knowledge of cloud technologies to help a team dedicated to building a highly reliable, secure and scalable on-premises Kubernetes cloud infrastructure for Wasabi’s innovative hot cloud storage service. To be successful in this role, you should have expertise in agile software development, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. You should have at least 2 years’ experience working with Kubernetes and enjoy automating everything.
In this position, you should also demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and have a solid foundation in software design and infrastructure architecture. In short, you will make significant contributions that lower the operational cost in an exponentially growing business. The role will report to The Team Lead for the Infrastructure and Tools Team.
- Work with a highly effective agile team building a global on-premises Kubernetes cloud
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve Ansible and Terraform deployment
- Drive idea generation for new platform capabilities and bring them to fruition.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code in addition to tests and documentation
- Maintain a consistent level of communication between developers and the application
- Provide training and support.
- Ensure operating environments stay safe and secure.
- Document all reported malfunctions and actions taken in response.
- 7+ years of software development experience is preferred, including building/scaling
- large throughput systems and maintaining backend resources for customer facing
- applications (APIs, Databases, etc.)
- 5+ years experience with Linux
- 2+ years’ experience with Golang and Kubernetes
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Ansible Playbook or a similar technology like Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Grafana, Prometheus, Loki, Thanos, etc.
- Experience with Agile software development principles and methodologies
- Experience working with web services and have a thorough understanding of modern
- API best practices (HTTP, REST, Swagger, gRPC)
- Experience with shell scripting
- On-premises Kubernetes (bonus)
- DNS experience (bonus)