The Machine Learning Infrastructure team builds the industrial scale machine learning platform used by ML practitioners developing software for our self-driving car. We provide essential tools and frameworks to support the entire lifecycle of machine learning, from data processing, large scale training and evaluation frameworks to efficient neural net inference runtimes for onboard execution and simulation.
The Motional Santa Monica office is located in the heart of 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica at 1453 3rd Street. With all the modern amenities for productive work and play, it is steps away from the popular pedestrian outdoor shopping area and Santa Monica beach.
What You'll Be Doing
- Build large scale Machine Learning infrastructure that power our understanding of autonomous vehicles.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for scalability and testability
- Design and implement Restful APIs for annotation data pipeline
- Solve challenging problems with cutting edge design and algorithms
- Work with smart and motivated teammates in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years strong meaningful individual contributor experience as a software engineer in a Linux environment
- Advanced knowledge of at least one programming language, our core languages are Python & C#.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Experience with large-scale distributed relational and NoSQL database systems (MySQL, mongoDB, etc)
- You believe that you can achieve more on a team -- that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Passion about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world.