Chewy is hiring a Senior Full Stack Engineer for our Marketing Engineering Team based in Minneapolis, MN, Boston, MA or Dania Beach, FL. Our engineering team is responsible for building and managing the tech stack supporting our PetMD & PetCentral sites. The team is also responsible for building high performing APIs to identify audience in real time and serve the right marketing content to them. Chewys mission is to empower pet parents to make smarter decisions about products for their pets. As a part of that mission, the Marketing Engineering team builds platforms to serve content to the website, maintains ever growing digital assets, maintains SEO compatibility and powers several content sites. Expectation of the prospective candidate is to provide hands on contribution to SDLC process from design, development, testing, implementation, and support of applications. In this role, the ideal candidate will engage in iterative development, testing, contributing to the overall growth and development of one of Chewys fastest growing areas. This energetic individual will partner with both technical and business teams on multiple initiatives and collaborate to deliver new features and enhancements. The role will have tremendous visibility in the technology & business organization of Chewy.
What You'll Do:
- Design and build new features and services that powers the site and customer experience
- Drive and advice on technical decisions and collaborate with talented peers
- Review code, implementations and give meaningful feedback that helps others build better solutions
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams
What You'll Need:
- 6+ years of experience in Software Development as a software engineer
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development lifecycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with Application Development and Architecture teams
- Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Strong communication skills as well as experience in mentoring and educating your peers
- Drupal 8 experience
- AWS development experience
- Web Content Management experience
- Accessibility & SEO experience
- Front End Development Experience
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com