Who We Are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more. Partnering with Product, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Engineering teams ensure that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
The Product Positioning & Optimization team builds the platform services that determine optimal positioning of the product within the Wayfair fulfillment center network. The services are optimized 1. To drive speed by positioning the product closer to the customer for faster delivery, and 2. In-stock level availability of the products to make sure we can fulfill the customer order. The transportation costs make up a big part of the product costs, the services try to take those costs into consideration to make sure we maintain healthy margins. The services are utilized by hundreds of our suppliers as well as internal Partner Ops and Network Management teams to appropriately plan the shipments and containers to deliver the product to our Fulfillment Centers.
What You Will Do:
- Provide technical leadership for a team of 10+ software engineers responsible for building the positioning optimization and simulation platform services and applications..
- Architect and implement robust, well-tested services and applications. Provide technical design and code reviews for peers within your team and across the broader Fulfillment Engineering organization.
- Provide insights into opportunity areas for the platform, influencing priorities and team roadmaps in close partnership with Engineering and Product leadership.
- Identify and implement new tools, technologies, and processes to accelerate developer velocity within our teams.
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence, up-leveling the technical expertise of engineers within our teams.
- Contribute to the technical development of engineers by mentoring and coaching them through learning opportunities
What Youll Need
- Broad experience architecting and implementing highly available, distributed, data-intensive applications (7+ years or equivalent track-record).
- Broad experience with open source and cloud (GCP preferred) technologies.
- Track-record of technical leadership for teams following software development best practices (e.g. SOLID, TDD, GRASP, YAGNI, etc).
- Track-record of being a hands-on developer efficiently building technically sound systems.
- Experience building micro services including decoupling applications and services from monolithic systems..
- Experience with Test Automation and Test Authoring.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI/CD) practices and tools (Buildkite, Jenkins, etc.).
- Experience architecting solutions leveraging distributed infrastructure (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Experience leveraging monitoring and logging technologies (e.g. DataDog, Grafana, etc.).
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.