Chewy is hiring a Full Stack Senior Software Engineer, Java for our Promotion Platform team in Minneapolis, MN Or Boston , MA. This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for this critical business line. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US. The role will allow you to act as an individual contributor as part of a team of strong engineers building services for Chewys Promotion Platforms. The role will have tremendous visibility in the technology & business organization of Chewy
What you'll do:
- Write simple and sustainable code that reflects a constant understanding of the business impacts.
- Play a critical role in developing a reliable and sustainable automated testing framework to improve the engineering quality and velocity.
- Work in an agile development environment and collaborate with multiple teams while experimenting with new technologies helping create solutions that puts Chewy on the cutting edge.
- Work with and advise both business and technology teams (internal and external) on how best to implement desired features and enhancements
- Ensure that technical solutions follow best practices, are reliable, are easily maintainable and are scalable under sustained load
- Create and evolve application documentation as required
- Build application modules independently or with a team
- Design the complete solution of modules within a software ecosystem
- Provide technical guidance to your team in order to build quality software
What you'll need:
- 8-10 years of experience as software engineer
- Strong knowledge of Java , Kotlin and other open source stack (spring, apache)
- Working Experience with distributed SCM (GitHub a plus), DevOps, AWS
- 6 + years API development or engineering at scale
- Experience working across fully automated stacks in a CI/CD ecosystem
- Experience with distributed data stores at scale
- Strong Experience with lightweight middleware technologies, integration patterns, microservices
- Experience building applications using AWS services
- Experience in building event Streams with Kafka & No-SQL
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Ecommerce experience
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].