Do you enjoy technical challenges spanning complex microservice architectures, with millions of users, throughput in the 10’s of millions of events per second, and within a global estate of 10’s of thousands of servers?
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic team in an expanding Engineering Department delivering products to 10’s of millions of users ranging from SME’s to leading brand Enterprises?
Here at Mimecast we protect our customers from an ever-evolving threat landscape, enabling them to go about their business safe in the knowledge that we are here to protect them.
We’re looking for someone with excellent problem-solving skills, experience developing software solutions at scale, and having a wide range of fullstack skills. A willingness to learn and create is equally important as you will be exposed to multiple layers of the ecosystem in this position.
As a Fullstack Senior Software Engineer, you will be a part of highly skilled team who are super passionate about solving problems with code, who love and enjoy their work and have lots of fun while they do. You will research, design and implement cloud security products using the most up to date technologies and frameworks.
The position will afford you an opportunity to learn from industry experts at the top of their game whilst also contributing to collective goals and celebrating our shared successes.
- You will contribute to fullstack software development activities in a distributed server and front-end environment as well as API and microservices design within a high performing SaaS environment.
- Design, Develop and build tools and services with the our suite of products to suit requirements.
- Work with your team to provide the best and most appropriate solutions in collaborative way.
- Be an ambassador for the AT team and wider UI Services group, maintaining high standards and ensuring your solutions are scalable, secure and consistent in their design.
- Build high-performance, massively-scalable, always-available Cloud-based systems.
- Support and trouble-shooting of production systems, occasionally outside of regular office hours when needed.
- Proven expertise in a similar position
- At least 5 years of hands-on professional experience with OOP with sophisticated programming languages critically Core Java (and/or Ruby or Python).
- Familiarity with Linux platform environments.
- Ideally a BSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent in relevant subject field.
- Experience in multi-threaded/multi-process development
- Data Base knowledge (PostgreSQL, MySQL etc)
- Basic knowledge in networking (TCPIP, other common network protocols, network topologies, routing)
- Experience with Cyber Technologies, Information Security and Software Security etc
- Experience with Enterprise level customers’ products design and programming
Benefits and Rewards:
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package, please speak with the Talent Acquisition Team at Mimecast to learn more about our rewards and benefits.
Check us out here too…
Mimecast Engineering blog: https://medium.com/mimecast-engineering
Our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mimecast
LinkedIn Life page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/mimecast/life?trk=nav_type_life
Mimecast is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. Mimecast is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, and to use our online system to apply for a position. Call us at (617) 393-7000 or send an email to [email protected] to request reasonable accommodations.
Mimecast will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.