We are seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer; you will join a team of hands-on SQA’s and SDET’s qualifying a robotic solution. The ideal candidate will have between 6 and 10 years of experience. The Software Quality Assurance Engineer influences quality standards across programs and helps define test tools and techniques across the SQA organization. The candidate also must possess good communication skills and enjoy problem-solving both independently and in team settings. This candidate should be incredibly sharp and possess the desire, drive, and energy that is needed to launch new products on short timelines. This role would involve the SQA person to lead small or mid-size programs, define test strategies, perform testing on in-house test floors as well as in the field occasionally to support new product launches. This position reports to the Director of SQA.
- Serve as a quality lead on mid- size to large scale complex projects
- Be effective despite ambiguous or incomplete specifications by driving refinement of those specifications
- Participate in the scoping, planning and design process of larger projects
- Willing to learn a complex robotic hardware environment
- Work with software development engineers and tech leads to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
- Create test plans and test cases per requirements and design
- Execute test cases across all functional areas of our products
- Perform testing on in-house test floors and occasionally in production to ensure that all features have been manually tested before production deployment
- Identify, debug, document, retest software defects (Jira)
- Effectively analyze quality and testing risks for small to mid-size projects and give feedback on those risks throughout the product lifecycle
- Operation of unit test and system test frameworks
- This role involves occasional travel to customer sites.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 6 to 10 years of experience leading test efforts across organizations, preferably complex electro-mechanical hardware
- Experience running ROS or (other types of) test scripts
Knowledge in one or more of the following:
- SDLC / Agile test process
- NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB)
- Accustomed to working in complex, project-based environments
- Experience testing software applications, human-machine interaction systems, and robotic applications
- Test Rail
- Familiarity with running and configuring software tests (Python, bash)
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- VCS (Git)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.