Founded in 2016, Better is a digital-first homeownership company whose services included mortgage, real estate, title, and homeowners insurance. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- From its founding in 2016 through 2020, Better funded $30.9B in home loans and provided over $7B in cumulative coverage through Better Cover and Better Settlement Services, the insurance divisions of Better
- Ranked #1 on LinkedIns Top Startups List for 2020 and 2021
- Ranked #2 on Fortune's Best Companies for Millenials 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women 2021
- People Magazine Companies that Care 2021
- Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces 2021
- Top Women Originators 2021
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- Better has raised over $400M in equity capital since inception
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each persons perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe its important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passionfrom employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better is a family of companies. Better Mortgage Corporation provides home loans; Better Real Estate, LLC provides real estate services; Better Cover, LLC provides homeowners insurance policies; and Better Settlement Services provides title insurance services.
The Sr. Content Specialist is responsible for creating learning content in support of all People Development programs including performance, orientation, leadership, and supporting hybrid teams. We are looking for a talented individual who can create or curate content to ensure our employees have the knowledge, skills, and resources they need to learn and develop within their day-to-day roles and career goals overall.
- Create compelling content (mostly digital, some physical) to be utilized in development experiences that enhance knowledge and skills for new and existing programs, processes, and tools
- Lead the design of learning content for People Development such as toolkits, videos, job aids, playbooks, and other program specific collateral
- Build productive relationships and collaborate effectively with internal subject matter experts to identify learning content needs
- Find new ways to produce content that scales and resonates with our global, hyper-growth employee population
- Manage multiple content projects simultaneously
- Provide a high-level overview of all projects throughout development including capacity planning, timelines and deliverables
- Schedule and lead content design and review meetings with stakeholders from across the organization
- Provide technical guidance around designing content for learning experiences, with adult learning and instructional design industry standards in mind, for engaging and interactive in-person and virtual learning experience
- Proactively make content recommendations that will enhance the learning process and experiences throughout the organization for both new and existing programs
- Navigate employee engagement sentiments and identify opportunities to enhance and elevate current and future learning content needs
We are looking for someone who is excited about People Development and is ready to support the team. This person should have a solid understanding of how to navigate learning and development thoughtfully and effectively.
- 5+ years relevant experience designing learning content in fast moving business or company.
- Strong attention to detail, combined with successful time management
- Confident presentation skills using virtual platforms
- Self-motivated with a result-oriented approach to daily tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong rapport and relationships with team members
- Comfortable with building decks and working in Google Suite
- You have a growth mindset and stay up-to-date not only on whats current in learning and development, but also the industry and business environment overall
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Prior experience delivering virtual training via Zoom or other virtual learning platforms
- Previous experience with an LMS, Articulate 360, GSuite, Adobe, InDesign, etc.
- Innovative and resourceful, constantly looking for ways to improve processes
- Analytical and critical thinking skills that will help with creative problem solving
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and we require COVID-19 vaccination to help ensure their safety in the workplace. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do whats in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itselfwe continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Better is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together "job applicants") about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. The notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.