Pricing Engineering is responsible for designing, developing and operating highly available, large scale distributed systems used to set and distribute retail prices on Wayfair.
The Pricing team is at the beginning of two critical transformations and is looking for a technical leader to help drive this change.
The first is a technology transformation from a set of tightly coupled, monolithic systems that price our catalog in batch nightly to a highly performant, event-driven, service based pricing architecture. Our team works with big data at scale and needs to support services handling over 10K requests / sec and manage datasets in the 100s of TB. The second is a business transformation in how we price products driven by our merchandising vision. The challenge for our team over the next year is to execute against these two visions (technical and business) so that we can accurately calculate prices at scale.
Were looking for an individual who has helped companies succeed at this level of scale. You will partner with business and product leadership to evolve our platform for the next five years.
Our team is intensely collaborative. We work with business analysts, data scientists, and product managers. We leverage a variety of technologies, including Java, Python, C#, GCP, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Aerospike, and Airflow. Youll need to become intimate with all of them and drive change as our technology evolves.
What Youll Do
- Own the core platforms and capabilities for retail prices across Wayfair. Responsible for the technical vision and architecture and operations of those platforms.
- Define non-functional requirements considering performance, availability, scalability and efficiency
- Act as a technical lead for cross-functional multi-team projects
- Document and communicate the multi-year strategic technical direction for pricing, and gets buy-in from all appropriate stakeholders
- Become the person recognized by senior management as a person that needs to be in the room when technical decisions are made
- Mentor the pricing engineers in best practices, patterns and designs based on your wealth of experience and knowledge.
- Design and implement the most technically challenging aspects of our platform
What Youll Need
- 12+ years experience with at least 8 years in a technical leadership role
- Experience with scaling distributed systems, streaming technologies, microservice architectures.
- Experience architecting large scale data structures in a cloud environment, preferably within Google Cloud Platform
- Demonstrated ability to make and execute platform level technical decisions
- Prior experience as a technical leader for software engineering teams of 25+
- A history of strong partnerships with product management
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other senior leaders across the organization
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.