CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. We are breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
We are based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
We are seeking an expert and highly skilled Mechanical Engineer such as yourself to be a part of a dynamic and innovative R&D department in the Bay Area. You would be a part of a team of Electrical, Automation, Robotic, Firmware, and other Mechanical Engineers developing automation technology in the apparel manufacturing space. You will lead design and develop efforts for hardware components and processes to support an innovative manufacturing automation program. You will come with a passion for Engineering and a dedication to getting the job done. Your scope of work will be anything mechanical which includes developing new design concepts with state-of-the-art IoT technology, developing high end robotic systems with multiple sensors and visions systems, and working with some of the best NPI and Manufacturing teams in automation that will revolutionize the apparel manufacturing and customization process. Your energy will help drive innovation and provide success in our demos and products.
- Working in Research and Development to lead and create technology in the area of Automation, Robotics, and Mechatronics
- Working with Marketing and Industrial Design associates to create and implement design requirements and make ID choices
- Selecting materials and driving design choices for machined, sheet metal, and molded part selection
- Using GD&T and selecting proper manufacturing processes
- Perform Finite Element Analysis and other simulation as required
- Working with the R&D team to come up with innovate designs that meet and exceed technical and product requirements
- Using CAD to design structures, motors, sensor mounts, and overall assemblies and systems targeted for worldwide manufacturing and sales
- Being a technical leader of the team building technology demonstrators and prototypes and helping debug and test those assemblies
- Performing verification of your designs to provide a successful handoff to other associates in the company
- Implementing new designs from concept to manufacturing and helping others make design choices
- Supporting existing products in the field and in manufacturing
- Lead, drive, and participate in Design Reviews within and outside the ME discipline
- Working in a multi-disciplined environment (EEs, MEs, SW, FW, QA, and Compliance)
- Working with Operation teams located throughout the world (NPI, Manufacturing, and Product Support)
- Mentoring other associates within the team and training others is design techniques and processes
- Bachelors degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering required
- 15+ years of experience designing hardware components with at least 5 years designing automation equipment, and/or robotics
- Expert and highly experienced in creating detailed engineering drawings for fabrication and assembly
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable in mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical devices commonly used in automation equipment
- Expertise of precision machine design, molding processes, and DFx
- Technical leadership experience of building and directing decisions in automated equipment, electro-mechanical equipment or mechanical prototype fixtures
- Expertise in mechanical CAD design using Solidworks or other comparable tool set
- Understanding of EE design and driving requirements for electrical systems
- Expertise with manufacturing process for releasing parts and assemblies, including product structure for manufacturing and ECO process
- Deep knowledge of applicable manufacturing processes, materials and cosmetic finishes
- Long history of working with and qualifying vendors
- Experience with FEA/CFD for thermal analysis and structural integrity
- In-depth understanding of manufacturing processes such as machining, welding, sheet metal forming and 3D printing
- Good working knowledge of statics, mechanics of materials, fluid flow and heat transfer
- Expertise in setting up or using Vault systems and PLM systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to be persuasive and sell ideas to others
- Demonstrated history of creativity, innovation, and outside-the-box thinking
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Masters or PhD with at least 10 years of experience.
- Demonstrated history of multiple completed projects and products.
- Being in a leadership role to help drive company decisions and direction
Working at CreateMe:
- Be rewarded for your innovation through our Inventor Award and Recognition program
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our Flexible Paid Time Off
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.