The Marketing team is Wayfairs growth engine. Catalog and Direct Mail is one of our largest channels at Wayfair, visually telling Wayfairs brand story in print and offering a physical touchpoint in an otherwise online experience.
Direct Mail Retargeting is our newest branch of direct mail marketing, and represents an exciting innovation within the field. We leverage our knowledge about customers interests and activities to personalize our marketing messages to their needs. We utilize advanced analytics and machine learning models to determine which concepts will be most engaging to each customer, partner with our creative team to design these campaigns, work with external vendors to manage them, and analyze performance metrics to influence future campaigns. At Wayfair, we believe that we are never done: we take an evaluative approach to everything we do, and constantly push the envelope.
What Youll Do:
- Own and manage a multi-million dollar advertising channel, including driving the strategy, execution, and performance of the Direct Mail Retargeting program
- Analyze campaign efficiency & customer behavior data to report on existing initiatives
- Identify new, profitable opportunities for targeting and segmentation
- Own the end-to-end process of sending out print campaigns: selecting vendors and target groups, deciding on creative formats and printers, and reporting on efficiency and sharing learnings
- Partner with internal engineering and product teams to automate and digitize direct mail, a traditionally offline channel
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholder teams, including Promotions, Creative, Data Science, Ad Tech, and Business Intelligence to plan, execute, and measure campaigns
- Negotiate with external vendors (printers, agencies, and data providers)
- Forge new vendor relationships and work with third-party partners on contract management; meet deadlines of core processes
What Youll Need:
- 2+ years experience in digital marketing, management consulting, startup/tech, finance, and/or strategy with a heavy analytical emphasis
- Strong proficiency in a structured programming language (e.g., R, Python, advanced SQL) proficiency with either SQL or Python. You will be required to pass a coding assessment as part of the interview process.
- A total ownership mindset - ability to thrive in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment with a dynamic bias for action and a get stuff done attitude
- Excellent critical thinking and stakeholder management skills - ability to break down and communicate complex ideas and influence senior leaders and cross-functional partners
- Strong quantitative analytics with a technical lean - ability to generate insights and solutions or build a story and strategy from large data sets
- Holistic results/growth orientation married with entrepreneurial thinking and an insatiable intellectual curiosity - a relentless focus on driving impact and continuous improvement
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.