Who We Are
The Data Platforms Engineering Product Management team is tasked with empowering Wayfairs 16,000+ global employees with the data they need to drive our business forward. Our product portfolio spans across the domain of data technologies; inclusive of databases-as-a-service, data streaming and movement capabilities, analytics infrastructure, and BI tooling. Our product managers serve as the voice of the customer, liaising with analysts, engineers, and data scientists across the organization to deliver fast, actionable, intuitive platforms that power data-driven decision making across our global organization.
We have built several custom platforms that together serve as our data ecosystem, connecting data across all aspects of our business. This specific role will be focused on driving the evolution of features and capabilities, ensuring customer success and user adoption, and ongoing evaluation of progress against goals. This includes leading the planning and development of new products, capabilities, features, self-service exploration, and advanced analytics solutions. We work in a collaborative, fast-paced, agile environment that encourages innovation by supporting experimentation and creative solutions.
We are seeking a seasoned technical product leader to join our team and to help shape the future of our data platforms. This role would offer you the opportunity to shape the product strategy, define the roadmap, and lead teams towards delivering transformational results for our Wayfairan community.
What youll do
- Act as the product leader for designated product lines within Wayfairs Data Platforms Engineering organization - driving complex business outcomes through your product roadmap by working closely with cross-functional stakeholders, internal users, industry colleagues, engineering teams, and engineering leadership
- Manage interdependent cross-functional development roadmaps with a strong bias for action and proactive communication
- Set ambitious objectives and key results while ensuring mechanisms are in place for actionable reporting and analysis
- Collaborate with engineering partners to design complex system architectures and implementation strategies - with a keen eye for incremental delivery of demonstrable value for users
- Connect with users daily to develop a deep understanding of their needs, pain points, and how they experience your products
What will make you successful
- An ability to collaborate with users, stakeholders and colleagues to identify and solve complex problems with technology
- Your professional tool kit includes a deep understanding of product management, technology, and agile frameworks
- You let data, analysis, and experimentation drive your decision making process
- You understand how to effectively influence without authority
- You are a prolific writer who regularly drafts products briefs, RFCs, and position papers as a means of communication
- An entrepreneurial nature and willingness to wear many hats (marketer, designer, strategist, & technologist)
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves to run Scrum ceremonies, troubleshoot user issues, build product reporting, or drive an ideation session
- A natural coach and mentor who also has a passion for professional growth
- Experience developing both internal and external products, with an appreciation for how the roles differ
What You Have
- Proven experience as a product leader, successfully shipping products for data management, analytics platforms, or data infrastructure
- Have led a team of product managers or engineers either in a start-up or large scale organization
- Built and delivered products on AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Technical software understanding beyond buzzwords and experience with most modern data technologies, with preference for Google Clouds Analytic solutions and Database offerings
- Excellent critical thinking and strategic analysis for future-thinking and planning
This position is currently 100% remote through mid 2021. While preference is to have this position sit in Boston, depending on the strength and experience of the candidate, there is a possibility that this position can be remote, with a 25% on-site/travel presence in Boston.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.