At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Senior UI Software Engineer
Wasabi’s Senior Software Engineer for UI will join our Applications and Business Services software development team. In this role, you will use your knowledge of software design and development to help a team dedicated to building highly reliable, secure, scalable and innovative applications for Wasabi's hot cloud storage service. You should have expertise in agile software development, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. You should also demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and have a solid foundation in software design.
This role will report to The Senior Manager, Applications.
- Work with a highly effective agile team building a global application and services platform.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve application software
Contribute and drive idea generation for new application capabilities and bring them to
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code in addition to tests and documentation
Maintain a consistent level of communication between developers and the application
- Contribute to the improvement of the application team’s software and agile process
- 5+ years of UI development experience, building application software that delight users and exceed their expectations
- 2+ Experience with Agile software development principles and methodologies
- Experience consuming RESTful API’s and have a thorough understanding of modern API best practices (HTTP, REST, Swagger)
- Familiarity with modern virtualization and containerization technologies (virtual machines, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) and public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Possess a good attitude and a “team-first” mentality