Hometap has an ambitious mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible. Our vision is to make the idea of bringing on an investor for your home as ubiquitous as borrowing to finance a home is today. We also aspire to build a long lasting durable financial-technology company that becomes a hallmark of the Boston economy.
We are passionately building a business and industry that is homeowner-centric and empowers current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity, free of debt. Our first product allows a homeowner to tap into the built-in value of their home in order to do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, renovate their home, get out from under crippling debt, pay for college tuition or help family members in times of need.
Today, Hometap makes investments in residential homes, buying a small equity stake against the homes future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership. This product is scaling rapidly and we have begun our plans to expand our platform to support numerous other products over time, complex data science-driven pricing, and investment structure permutations. Our solution leverages advanced data and analytics as we create best-in-class experiences for our homeowners, business and asset capital partners.
Who We Are
At Hometap, we believe you can have a house and a life. Our vision is to empower current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity, free of debt. By tapping into the built-in value of a home, we help homeowners do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, buy a second home, get out from under crippling debt, or pay for college tuition.
Hometap makes investments in residential homes, buying a small equity stake against the homes future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership.
Who You Are
We are seeking an experienced Servicing Manager with a passion for real estate. In this role, youll play a critical role on our Investment Support team, providing exceptional service to our homeowners. This is a new team at Hometap, so folks excited to bring an entrepreneurial mindset, detail orientation and best practices are invited to join. You will play a pivotal role in helping us continue to build out a best-in-class investment servicing platform and customer experience. We have thousands of homeowners who you will be working to support and partner with on their investment journey.
What youll do:
- Manage and grow a team of Investment Support Analysts, ensuring accuracy, speed, and completeness.
- Train team members of Hometaps process; host learning sessions and other relevant programming to promote ongoing professional development
- Refine and continue to build out Hometaps loss mitigation and default management procedures
- Directly oversee all Investment Support call center operations, ensuring all team members are providing top quality customer service and timely resolution to all homeowner requests
- Partner with Product and Engineering to streamline manual processes, increase efficiency, and drive process improvement
- Complete daily/weekly/monthly reporting requirements as needed and present findings to senior management and the Investment Policy Committee.
- Manage the performance of a network of third party vendors
- Provide exceptional customer service to our homeowners
- Iterate on our current investment support playbook, refining our approaches
- Synthesize information to provide recommendations
- Advise team on recommendations in a wide variety of homeowner scenarios
- Work cross-functionally with our Operations and Sales teams
- Ensure all discharges are prepared accurately and timely
What you will bring to the table:
- Bachelors degree, ideally in business, finance or a related field
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and adapt to situations with no prior precedent
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Prior experience in banking, mortgages, loan servicing or a financial services operations role strongly preferred
- Extraordinary attention-to-detail
- Strong proofreading/fact-checking skills
- Ability to think critically and make recommendations, specifically in nuanced areas
- Comfortable working with leaders in operations, finance and legal to escalate potential issues
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure within a deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to motivate and develop team
- Proactive approach to daily work and ability to handle multiple responsibilities
- Ability to communicate professionally with others
- Strong client service skills
- Eager to join an early-stage tech company, interested in real estate, interested in fintech
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is what you bring to our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If youre someone who embraces this builder mentality, youll be right at home here.