CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineering Intern to help design, develop and test hardware components and processes to support an innovative manufacturing automation program. In this role, you will work closely with an R&D-focused Hardware team of engineers and product designers, and report directly to the Sr. Mechanical Engineer. You may also work with the Electrical Engineering and Robotics Engineering team members on device testing, verification, certification, manufacturing and quality. This is a paid position.
- Work to implement design requirements
- Component selection
- Experiment design
- Part design
- Assembly and part tolerancing including GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- Prototype mechanical and electrical assembly
- Pursuing degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Coursework in Statics, Mechanics of Materials, Heat Transfer and Electronics Knowledge of electro-mechanical components, such as different types of motors and sensors.
- CAD experience (Solidworks preferred)
- Experience going through the DFM (Design for Manufacturing) process for at least one project
- Understanding of manufacturing processes such as machining, welding, sheet metal forming and 3D printing
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Hands on prototyping experience (CNC machining preferred)
- Experience with 3D printing
- Experience with creating and interpreting tolerances (ideally using GD&T)
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.