CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
We work in a fast paced and dynamic environment developing a suite of hardware applications. Our transformative technology enables the hardware and software to do more with less human input. We are looking for a System Integration Engineering Intern who is excited to develop new techniques to improve some of the interesting challenges in robotics. You will work closely with our robotics team and develop prototypes. A prospective candidate is required to have a deep understanding of connected devices, robotic sensors, and programming.
- Working in Research and Development (R&D) designing assemblies and sub-assemblies for our Automation products
- Working with the R&D team to come up with innovative designs
- Implementing new designs from concept to manufacturing
- Helping build, test, and debug mobile robot components
- Electrical Engineering major or desire to major in Electronic design
- Inspired to work in the field of robotics and automation
- Outline firmware feature additions for communication with the team
- Develop algorithms for successful implementation of firmware
- Familiar with C like embedded system language
- Familiar with Electrical design: Control Systems, Analog, and Digital
- Familiar with motors, encoders, and sensors (touch, vision)
- Working knowledge of passive components: resistors, capacitors, inductors
- Working knowledge of active components: transistors, A/D, D/A, LEDs
- Familiar with microcontroller and microprocessor design
- Familiar with cabling components: connectors, pins, high and low current, flex cables
- Assemble, debug, and test prototype electrical assemblies
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated history of creativity, innovation, and outside-the-box thinking
- Ability to participate and lead design reviews
- Ability to be persuasive and sell ideas to others
- Developing and improving sensor fusion algorithms for robotic vehicles navigation
- Understanding of Battery charging systems
- Knowledge of robotics path & motion planning
- Familiarity in FW and SW coding to support and control electro-mechanical systems
- Ability to use test equipment: programmable power supplies, O-scopes, function generators
- Understanding how to relate design elements to system level specifications and performance
- Demonstrated history of driving projects to completion in schedule driven environments (College & intern projects, or industry projects)
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.