CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to design and develop hardware components and processes to support an innovative manufacturing automation program. In this role, you will work closely with an R&D-focused Hardware team of engineers and product designers, and report directly to the Sr. Mechanical Engineering Manager. You will collaborate with the Electrical Engineering and Robotics Engineering team members on device testing, verification, certification, manufacturing, and quality. Compliance is a key part of your role.
- Work with Industrial Design to implement design requirements
- Materials and Machine component selection
- Assembly and part tolerancing including GD&T
- Perform Finite Element Analysis as required (using Ansys/Mechanical/Solidworks)
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ years of experience designing hardware components with at least 2 years designing automation equipment, and/or robotics
- Experience creating detailed engineering drawings for fabrication and assembly
- Knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical devices commonly used in automation equipment
- Basic/Intermediate knowledge of precision machine design
- Hands on supervisory experience of building automated equipment, electro-mechanical equipment or mechanical prototype fixtures
- CAD mechanical design using Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Experience with manufacturing process for releasing parts and assemblies, including product structure for manufacturing and ECO process
- Deep knowledge of applicable manufacturing processes, materials and cosmetic finishes
- Experience going through DFM process for at least one complete product lifecycle
- Experience with FEA/CFD for thermal analysis and structural integrity
- In-depth understanding of manufacturing processes such as machining, welding, sheet metal forming and 3D printing
- Good working knowledge of statics, mechanics of materials, fluid flow and heat transfer
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Good communication skills, written, verbal
- Masters or PhD
- Basic knowledge of vacuum systems
- Prototyping experience
Working at CreateMe:
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our flexible Paid Time Off
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.