Jackpocket is the first mobile lottery app in the U.S. that offers players a secure way to order official state lottery tickets, such as Powerball, Mega Millions, and more, via their smartphones. We're creating a more convenient, fun, and responsible way to play the lottery by modernizing the $300B global lottery market with a mobile platform that everyone, including grandma, can feel good about.
As our dedicated Site Reliability Engineer, you will focus on the performance, reliability, availability, and scalability of Jackpockets technical infrastructure. Youll partner closely with tech leadership and serve as the go to SME on system design and functionality to ensure our systems are scaling properly and functioning optimally as we continue rapid expansion of the business.
- Monitor mission critical systems and infrastructure to ensure proper function with a focus on continuous improvement and optimization
- Identify and investigate bottlenecks and latency issues and implement strategies to proactively address potential challenges
- Measure and analyze system health at granular and holistic levels and leverage data to drive decision making, continually innovating and scaling systems to meet business objectives
- Provide operational support as needed; identify, investigate, and resolve complex technical issues as they arise
- Serve as a technical and strategic advisor to leadership on technologies and methodologies to scale systems and optimize their availability and performance
- 5 - 10 years of progressive experience in site reliability, devops, system infrastructure, or a related technical role
- Deep knowledge of and experience with cloud infrastructure services (GCP, AWS), relational databases (PostgreSQL, PGBouncer), Web Development (Nginx, Rails, Puma), and monitoring solutions (Datadog, New Relic)
- Strong scripting and coding ability across multiple languages and technologies
- Proven experience optimizing reliability and performance and scaling technical infrastructure in a fast paced and collaborative environment
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide data driven recommendations for critical decision making, mainly around system reconfiguration and improvement
- Willingness and ability to be on call to address unforeseen issues outside of normal working hours as needed
- Deep expertise with PostgreSQL / MySQL
- Knowledge of elixir, C, python, Go, or other coding languages
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation
- Experience with CDN technologies (CloudFront, CloudFlare, Fastly, etc.)
- Medical insurance covered up to 100% by Jackpocket
- Dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike membership
- Discounted gym membership
- Catered meals and stocked kitchen
- Flexible working hours
- Autonomy and upward mobility
This role is open to remote candidates outside the state of Colorado.
This is a full-time exempt position and is not eligible for overtime under FLSA requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Jackpocket is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact [email protected].