Chase passion. Pursue wellness. Be the best part of our customers day. These are some of the core values we hold at Widen, and why weve repeatedly been voted one of Madison's Best Places to Work since 2015. Established in 1948, we build high-performing software that empowers organizations to create impactful, meaningful, and measurable brand experiences. Embracing innovation and change, weve evolved from a small engraving business to a global software company by putting our customers at the forefront of all we do. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, USA, and London, UK, Widen is a family-owned business with over 70 years of growth driven by unparalleled service and fueled by a community of 660+ customers. Let's flourish, together.
A DevOps Engineer (SRE) supports the work of product development Sprint teams by building and maintaining infrastructure in AWS.
- Manage cloud infrastructure in AWS and be part of 24/7 monitoring and alert response.
- Configure and manage the Kubernetes container orchestration platform.
- Ensure systems are compliant with Widen policies and procedures.
- Work to achieve the goals and complete tasks identified in the SRE roadmap.
- Produce and maintain architectural documentation for AWS services, environments, and integrations.
- Be part of the agile process for the team and contribute to continuous improvement.
- Ensure the infrastructure supporting a microservices environment allows for the scalable management of hundreds of running services with built-in autoscaling.
- Stay abreast of current trends and technologies and evaluate potential usefulness to achieve Widens business objectives.
- Ensure all sources of Widen IP and customer data are properly secured.
- Prioritize diversity, equity and inclusion in your every day work to create an environment of respect
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA) of Widen and customer information held, in any form
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent experience
- 1 - 2 years of IT automation, Development Operations, or Site Reliability Engineering experience
- Knowledge of cloud technology (AWS is a plus)
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- Knowledge of logging, monitoring, and alerting technologies
- Knowledge of DevOps/SRE principles, frameworks, and methodologies
- Knowledge of distributed systems in a web hosting environment
- Knowledge of continuous deployment and continuous integration
- Competence in a configuration management platform: ansible, chef, puppet, terraform, etc.
- Competence in a scripting language: bash, python, PowerShell, etc.
- Strong knowledge of programming languages used in automation and service delivery
- Ability to design, develop, and implement complex architecture solutions
- Ability to design, develop, or specify automation frameworks and tools
- Strong knowledge in Agile methodology
- Ability to work on multiple tasks without a loss of effectiveness
Employees have the option to work remotely, from the Madison office, or a mix of both. Access to the office and other amenities are available to all employees no matter their chosen work setup to keep teams safe, healthy, and connected in the interim.
Widen is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.